I Fricken Hate Diff Click

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Yea once again the dreadfull diff click...........Its driving me crazzzzzy people It seems like every 5 to 6 tanks Iam replacing my 43 tooth and 13 thoth in at least one of my diffs... There shimmed right and everything.. (it only happens when I brake!!!! ) I think its because i brake to hard Iam not sure but Iam allway really carefull on how hard my brakes grab,because of this problem .. is there any thing else that could be the problem !!! and does anyone else have this problem orr is it just me PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

No is not allways the same one mostly the front that does this but not allways tho......I just put brand new alloy cases in it ..also all new 43 tooth and 13 tooths so I don't know

YESSSSS but the cases are not the problem its the 13 toth and 43 tooth

you think the diff gearbox might be stretched out, tweeked in a way that is causing the 2 gears not to mesh properly?

HOP thank you never thought of that !!!!!!!!!!! I just bought some brand new ones from jt I will be installing them as soon as I get my new tvps http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-HPI-Savage-...ryZ44028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem thats what they look like by the way..

How would they become streached out do u know???
have u ever had any problem with your bearing on your 43 tooth not seating on right (mine seems really loos and come on and off really easy )
I replaced my bearings also when I replaced everything else

Thanks for the looksee hop and everyone else!!!!!!!

i have had the same problem with mine. i got the alum diff housings and the alum diff cases and it still dose it. the problem iv found is the diff bearings wear and allow the mesh to change, then that lets the spur and pinion grind eachother. the thing i did the last time is i put it back together with no shims, like it was when it was stock. when it was not shimed the bearings lasted for like 2 gallons before i had a problem. the problems have ben since i started shiming the diff. and the bearing that always fails is the one on the side that i shimed. I'm thinking the shims are binding the bearings,and over heat them making them werar out quickly.

Well as most of u guys know I have completely switched to the x style diffs and EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! is new I mean everything (but 3 A arms) the trucks is basically new I took it out today and drove 4 tanks out of it w/ not a sound and buy the end of the forth tank I started hearing THE CLICKING SOUND !!!!!!!!! it only happens when I brake, I checked all the gears and they are fine !!!!!! which it kinda weird because, whenever I heard that sound before my 13 tooth and 43 tooth was screwed up, This time everything checked out so I am lost if u have any thoughts let me no thanks guys

trying not to sound like an idiot, but you sure it's the diff? not the brake? :stickspank:

only thing i can think of is that the weight is transfered to the front wheels, trying to lock them, with the rear wheels still turning and putting a lot of stress through the 13 and 43 tooth diff gears. sorry cant help more ro, i mean site jester....:)

lol when I had my duel disk brakes on and I used them the diffs clicked and then I wen back to stock brakes and haven't heard them click again........

No its not my brake its brand new like everything elae (iam went back to single disk along time ago )

Ill have to look I usally keep all my pakages of anything i buy. the shims i use just catch the edge of the bearing cas. I allway make shure I have a small amount of play. shim it to tight and it will bind casing failer. I allways shim the ring and pinion never had any probs with them. also anytime I rebuild I allways replace all the parts in the diff bearings gears ect.
hope ya figure out your problem.

I don't know but I took the front end apart and, The only thing that I saw was, a screw on the alloy diff cup that was bottoming out so it wasn't flush w/ the 43 tooth.. fixed that and put it back together and now its not clicking.... I took it for a run today (4 tanks) and all was good put the beating to her to everything held up good. accept a spur gear... so hopefully I found was was causing the headache.... I would like to think everyone who helped with the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy that you got it fixed SJ i hope that is all that it was and that from now on you don't have any diff problems

Members online

No members online now.
Back