I bought a T-MAXX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderhawk6630

Before you all get mad, let me tell you how I got them. Ya I actually got two. I was browsing through Craigslist like I do everyday and I came across a guy who was selling two T-MAXX 2.5's. I ended up paying $300 for the two trucks, came with two remotes, two EZ starts, one battery, charger and a toolbox full of parts.

One of them ran awesome the other might have a stripped gear in the starter. Other than being a little dirty, I thought it was a steal. Let me know what you think. Overall I am really impressed by the get up and go on these. But just holding it and looking at it up close, and you know that it can never hold up to the abuse that a savage can.

Can anyone recommend a good TRAXXAS forum out there? If anyone has any experience or tips about these, please share. I didn't buy it to replace my savage, just another toy.

I also picked-up a stock maxx with a barely broken in o.s. Only because I wanted a small block to race at the world finals.

i had a 2.5r tmaxx with the 3.3 in it, and it was nuts when it would agree with the spur gear, yes i had it tightened correctly and the mesh was the same i run my savvy at, and it still stripped the spur gear. i even tried a hardened clutch bell with a steel spur, and the plastic ones lasted a whole lot longer than that.

if you want some spare parts send me a pm. i have a couple things, mostly used stuff that is still good.

Thanks for the link, I couldn't find a forum that was really geared towards T-MAXX's like this one and Central are to Savages.

Thanks for parts as well, I haven't got a chance to take it apart and check everything out yet. I'll let you know what I find.

I had a race T-Maxx .15 for awhile that had some pretty cool upgrades on it, they are good on a racetrack but every time I bashed something seemed to go wrong. Have fun with it buddy!

I actually started with a Maxx (still have it) Sometimes it's nice to change things up when you are out running. I like them. Had 2 for a while, but now have 2 Savages lol... The traxxas site is ok, but you will get a lot of bad gouge over there everybody is set on a bunch of things like FLM is really bad, and Unlimited Engineering (a company who no longer makes parts) is best. There is really no good site geared towards the Maxx. BYT www.beatyourtruck.com is about the best place I have found that people know what they are talking about other than here of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you all get mad, let me tell you how I got them. Ya I actually got two. I was browsing through Craigslist like I do everyday and I came across a guy who was selling two T-MAXX 2.5's. I ended up paying $300 for the two trucks, came with two remotes, two EZ starts, one battery, charger and a toolbox full of parts.

One of them ran awesome the other might have a stripped gear in the starter. Other than being a little dirty, I thought it was a steal. Let me know what you think. Overall I am really impressed by the get up and go on these. But just holding it and looking at it up close, and you know that it can never hold up to the abuse that a savage can.

Can anyone recommend a good TRAXXAS forum out there? If anyone has any experience or tips about these, please share. I didn't buy it to replace my savage, just another toy.

Its over pal, your Savys will never forgive you parking
a tmaxx next to him.
SILLY RABBIT TRAXXAS IS FOR KIDS!

Disclaimer: this is supposed to make you laugh

:resp:​

well a friend of mine has a nitro stampede and he cant stop talking about it lol but its ok i guess it aint the best i tell u that much like a rc18t electric could waist it like its really slow in my eyes could be his tuneing but idk its just kinda slow to me

I got nothing against traxxas as I love the stampede (electric) and don't mind the e-maxx. But buying TWO T-maxx's you need this :banme:.

Latest posts

Members online

Back