I am building a new GT15c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francis Labarbara

For my Octane. Should I use an assembly lube. If so, what? This will be a new case, crank, con rod, piston and sleeve.

yes you should but just enough try not to over do it but you definitely need some to slide sleeve into crankcase

I would definitely use something. Standard for any engine is to lube the bearings, con-rod bushings/contact points and cylinder wall while building so the first start isn't done with dry parts.

a light coat of 2 cycle oil synthetic thats what i used and works great . i already built 2 gt15cc and not a porblem

ok be carefull there's a little black knot on the piston right wear the ring go's you are go to line the ring right wear the piston ring close's. at first i broke the ring so i had to order a new ring i fond out the hard way lol. once you line it up sqeez the ring and slide in piston

I agree with rudeman light coat of 2 stroke oil is what the motorcycle 2 strokes recommend when redoing a top end also I would also smear a thin coat on the cylinder wall and never had an issue

Latest posts

Members online

Back