Hump Pack Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeahYeah

I am in the market for a new hump pack. My LHS gave me a Dynamite 1000 mAh pack when I bought my truck, but I have been disappointed by the performance, and I am extraordinarily frustrated by the 4x1 arrangement and trying to cram it into my radio box without pinching any wires.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a new hump pack? I'd like one that I don't need to modify any connectors on in order for it to work in my 4.6 RTR (stock radio gear). But, if there is something out there that I can get that is awesome and I need to figure out how to change out a connector, it's not the end of the world. So far, I like THIS OFNA ONE from SMF (1600 mAh for $22 seems like a steal and I've heard such awesome things about SMF I'd love to buy from them). However, it looks like the connector would need changed.

I have also thought about the Team Orion Marathon over at AMain. Again, the connector looks like it would need changed.

Or, can I plug them directly into the receiver? I never thought of that before, because...I dunno, just didn't.:dunno:

Any input is welcome. Thanks in advance!

build ur own pack out of full size rechargable AA, can get them up to 2500 mah or even higher now prolly

i made a 2300 pack lasts a long time

Is there a write up on how to make your own and the charging recommendations?

jsut gotta solder the 5 cells in a series and then solder on a lead can charge them from 1 amp and down anything hgiher than an amp will damage the cells since they are only AA

not wrapped in duct tape anymore though it carries a tiny amount of electricity now its wrapped in heat shrink

don't have any pics of what it looks like under the tape though sorry i just used battery bars and soldered them to each battery in a series but be careful too much heat and you will fry the cell

battery001.jpg

i use a venom hump pack which is made like those ofna and orion packs been in my truck 10 months (and 5 or so gallons)and its working great as for charging well if you buy a new power switch with a built in charge lead then you can use the lil plastic pieces that came with your spares to secure the plug(charge lead) in that lil hole in the radio box cover which is covered with a rubber plug .if you are not sure what the pieces look like and/or how to set it up just lemme know and i will use the spares that i have to do a illustrated step by step.

for my hump packs i use a charger that comes with a revo..... got it for like 3 bucks on ebay.....but I'm sure your lhs should have a hump pack charger for like around 10-15 bucks or less I'm sure

invest in a good charger then you can charge all of ur stuff, tower has them ones that u can adjust amp setting some have discharge features as well

I have a hump pack and charger for my buggy and was thinking of making one for my savage. I have a bunch of rechargeable batteries. Duracell they are dc1500NiMH 2050mAh

if anyone finds step by step guide on making your own plz post it. my hump pack was being charged by a moron that owned it before me with a 100mah charger and the battery is rated to be charged at 10mah.....it just died

no prob. I actually sent them an email with a picture attached of a venom pack asking them if they could make me 2 packs at 3000mah and a charger. I will buy them if they do it and ill let you know how it works out

Latest posts

Members online

Back