hump pack question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazzman68

just got a hump-pack for my savvy and the first question I have, is do I leave it loose in there, or should I cut a little foam block to stick in there to hold it in place?

I put in two sided tape when I had the stock radio box. Worked well. Foam would be a nice idea to keep it from rattling around and scuffing the cover. :)

my only concern was that I see alot of peeps saying their packs get hot, and foam rubber is an insulator. So maybe I try it, and if it gets to hot I will use tape or Velcro instead.

Velcro is a good idea, occasionally water gets into my radio box under batteries causing corrosion.

I use 3M outdoor permanent two sided tape. The sweet thing about it is it comes right off and won't leave any glue behind. It may come off easy but believe me it will hold forever!

This is the stuff for visual reference, you can get smaller rolls at Wally World (Walmart) or any where else. It's about $5-6.

3M double sided foam tape

I had a piece of dense foam rubber that was a battery block in my buggy, I trimmed it to fit in one end of the battery box, and it only really touches the end of one cell, and fits snug. I am going bashing this weekend, and will keep an eye on it's temp then.

ya mine is just sitting in there as well, not a huge amount of room for it to bounce around so i haven't worried about it!! lol

i use some sort of memory foam that i found laying around i just put it on the one side and it keeps it nice and snug and not heat problems and i lice in the desert

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back