hump pack charger lead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter4478

i'm not sure if this will harm the lead to charge my hump pack. what i did so that i would not have to remove the battery cover. is to cut with a razor knife a small slit in the rubber stop on the side of the battery cover and push the charger lead threw. i then put electrical tape around the end that hooks up to the charger. the wire seems to be pretty secure while running but for hard bashing i will push the charger lead back in to the radio box. can you see any problems i'm over looking?

CDS019.jpg

No it looks ok to me but I have done the same thing-homemade mod.
Here's a pic.I used the grommet thats on top of the pic and have had no problems even after hard bashing.
280s0lw.jpg

Dave

You will be fine doing that but HPI has incorporated a piece in there battery box cover for the X one like you have that holds the lead like this.

Savage008.jpg

When you got the truck there should have been a little plastic strip like actually 2 of them the hold the lead they are like 5/8" long and 1/4" wide and maybe 1/6" thick all you need is a screw to attach them to the cover.

Then you can use the stock rubber grommet to cover the hole and the lead.

You will be fine doing that but HPI has incorporated a piece in there battery box cover for the X one like you have that holds the lead like this.

When you got the truck there should have been a little plastic strip like actually 2 of them the hold the lead they are like 5/8" long and 1/4" wide and maybe 1/6" thick all you need is a screw to attach them to the cover.

Then you can use the stock rubber grommet to cover the hole and the lead.

The 2 pieces I'm talking about are the ones in the center of the picture next to the reciever tray they have a hole in each end in the link to Tower http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMDA2&P=7

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, that charging access makes it sweet! I also added battery indicator monitor. With all those wires in there you really appreciate charging without removing cover.

Not to cross post but here is a cheaper method of getting a hum level indicator. Its a little less than $17 to do depending on the cost of parts you find. It also has better picts of the brackets and stuff I was talking about before.

http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=72457

Mod if you don't like the cross post you can feel free to delete this. Its just nice information.

the only thing wrong with this but easily solved by a small cover but if you were to run around in a sand/gravel pit or a beach, sand might get in the conector and clog it up making it unuseable

Latest posts

Members online

Back