hub/wheel extensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Who runs them .. do you like them are they jester worthy ? or will I break them on a huge jump? Please if you can post links of the best one you think are out there

From what I have seen so far, I don't think there has been a part made that is Jester worthy. BTW I don't run the extensions, but I recently put on a set of 1/2" offset rims and I like the way the truck handles with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
i will say this first, i have never ran them.

i have really not heard that much good things about them though, i would get an offset wheel instead personally..

Jester I can't tell you one person that has run them. But have heard 100 say junk lol. I do own a set of integy 9mm's that I have never fit to the truck. (press on's) I have offset rims thet get me just as far out(proline 23's). My 2 cents... Sorry I cant help yea!

I have a set of the Nova wheel extensions. I don't use them much though, they don't fit on the axles very tight and all that excess wheel slop drives me crazy!! They seem like they would take a beating though, I did bash on them pretty hard and never broke anything, but then I took em off and went back to offset wheels.

Personally I don't run them, a guy I race with had them and when he bashed the tad bit at the off-road track he snapped them the very first time of them being jumped, and he said the bearings wore out very fast also in the hub carriers.

i had some but the cut my turning radius in half.....i really don't like them at all!!! i just buy offset wheels now so i wont lose my turning

I'd say stay clear Jester. The braffing you give your truck wouldn't agree. I think it would put too much leverage on hubs, bearings ect... I think a good offset wheel would better suit the type of abuse your trucks are used to.

I'm running RPM 1/2" offset rims, my son is running 1/2" offset pro-line dish wheels and seem to hold up well. IMO anything over a 1/2" offset is too wide.

I use the RPM titan offset wheels, they seem to be holding up very well so far, but I did break a set of the RPM offset Clawz wheels. The titans seem to be much stronger than the Clawz. Also, you can get them white and dye them!!

Ofna Makes A Set That Is A Full Offset That Will Fit The Losi Zombie Tires. Blazers Running Them On His Race Savage And hasn't Had A Prob Yet. I Think There 3.5 Tire Mount So Theres Alot Of Choices For Tires .maybe 3.3not Sure But There On The Ofna Website. There So Wide His Truck Almost Looks Square. But Handles Awesome

I wonder how the xl's hold up .. Guess I will have to wait and see ?

So far the extended axles on the XL have held up... i haven't really gotten crazy with it yet... the only problems i see are premature bearing failure, and or the hub failing.

I scanned a page out of the Manual with all the part numbers.....

scan0001cropped.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the ones on my xl have held up fine... Ive landed.. or should I say havnt landed so well on the wheels and they are fine. Ive landed hard enough on front and rear to stretch my rod ends and the extensions are still fine

I ran a set of the XL axles on x4.6 and I found that the drive cups are larger than the standard X cups. they were big enough to rub the inside of my hub carrier and when turning the wheels the end of the dogbone would slip out just enough for the end to get bound up and bend the dogbone.

I pulled them out and selling them back to my friend.

Latest posts

Members online

Back