HPISF is responsible for another successful upgrade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesmilingpirate

It's been an eventful week in Savage land but in the end it was all worth it. It started on a beautiful afternoon last week when I was getting the truck ready to show my 2 year old son (getting him started early).

By the way fellas, if you have a son, not a bad way to get yourself an upgraded truck. When your son is old enough, tell the wife you've passed down the one you've been using to your son and get yourself a new one because it's no fun when someone has to watch.​

The hump pack was charged, the fuel tank was full, all sytems were go and the cord on the pull start snapped on the third pull. After benching the truck to pull the engine so I could replace the pull start, it was time to try this again. This time, it was just me. I wanted to make sure there weren't any issues. No need to upset the little guy again. Well, let's just say I blew up the stock steering servo. Back to the bench again. Opened the stock steering servo only to find gear pieces falling out in my hand.
So it was off to hpisfgreen for a while to see what the experts were saying about replacement steering servo's.

I'm happy to say that after reading numerous suggestions regarding the HiTech HS-5645MG Digital Servo on HPISF, I decided to go with it and I couldn't be happier. Aside from the radio box being a bit snug to work in, the install was painless. I plan on donating my blown stock SF-2 to research so they can determine why they are made like bad word

Anyway, ran a tank full through this morning and all is well again in Savage land. The steering was rock solid.

Let's hope when the little guy gets home later it's still running.

Thanks Mikey! That was my first RC truck. That's a great truck to get em' started on. Then when he outgrows that you unleash the power of the Savage. It's a great father/son hobby. All the best! Enjoy!

ya glad to hear our forum was helpful!! Thats what were here for man!! Now the savage bashing fun really starts,enjoy!!!!!

Thanks Shaun! If it wasn't for this forum there would be a hell of a lot of broken trucks out there. Always give credit where credit is due. :resp:

My mate gave me his old steering servo from his old MTA4, I fitted it this morning at 8am..... took the truck out for a bashing at 8:30..... blew that servo at 8:35, just after warming the truck up!

Turns out the MTA4 uses a 3kg servo for its steering! How does a truck whick weighs more than a Savage, and has similar performance manage with such a weak steering servo?

Anyways back to Ebay lol

My mate just called to say he has got me a servo off one of his other mates. Its a hitec hs645mg. If he is correct then its a 9.5kg servo. turn speed is 0.20sec not exactly fast, but its free so I am not complaining. Might go bashing tomorrow, and scratch my new bodyshell!! LOL

i love to hear the father and son stories like this one....i hope when my 6weeks old get to a good age, i can spend those time with him (with the RCs) as well...

good job!...

i love to hear the father and son stories like this one....i hope when my 6weeks old get to a good age, i can spend those time with him (with the RCs) as well...

good job!...

Thanks Rokie1432! Congratulations on the newborn. You'll be enjoying it soon enough. It goes fast.

The smile on my little guys face says it all. All I have to do is put the truck by the door and he starts pointing at truck and laughing with excitement.

Nothing better.

Enjoy !

Members online

No members online now.
Back