Hpi threaded aluminum shocks review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SJ,

I am curious, on the shock that snaped, it brok in half and didn't bend? or can you tell if it bent from looking at the 2 peices? Where did it break at, about how far up fom the bottom.

Thanks,

John

The shock snapped at the threaded part of the shaft.. It did bend a little but it pretty much made a clean break.. SO I tore the shock down and replaced it with a stock hpi savage shock shaft... They are exactly the same so it was a really easy fix .. Thank god because I didn't want to order new shafts.. This is good news b/c most people are going to have allot of replacement shafts laying around, from there origanal shocks.

WOW SJ. please add that to the review and your diagnosis and fix. also please include all the updates on the orginal review post so i don't have to hunt it down when it goes over to the hpisf.net site.

John added to review and switched things around a little Thanks

went bashing today and ......

10-4-07003.jpg

Douegh!!!! thats a good one! How do I know, cuz I got a HB shock looks just like it and know what I hit to get it like that. Nice Job there buddy. To bad there isnt a vid attached.lol They don't work real good that way.

There is .. its being uploaded tho ..

Ok ... here is some bashing w/ the shocks. I lost my mid range needle and I replaced it... BUT if you know how hard it is to retune an engine When your mid range needle back out . you will understand why my truck sounds like crap .. Also it sounds like it's running lean at the end of the video b/c I was running out of fuel. Also on the backflip is where I bent the shock .. Hope You enjoy THANKS

VIDEO CLICK ME ~~!!!

Good vid

For some reason buggy shocks handle all the beating and most of them are metal but they are lighter......

Way to beat it buddy. haer wyatt there in the background good dad. I believe Backflip at Renton is where I taco'd my shock. Good Vid. Need to get mine ready so we can bash together.

Yea it's just the shaft ... in the video it was the last jump(back flip) that caused the shaft to bend.

you did a number on it, weird how the last one broke and this one bent.

I liked that jump where the truck was sideways then kind of straighened out to a perfect landing. Oh, what color is that truck/

it's really bright blue.. not much of a painter
Neither am I SJ, lol.

Anyways I was going to get a set of these from the LHS, they had them for $80 on sale, someone else got them before me and I was going to use them incase I messed the stock ones up.

kick butt bashn sj

That hill looks to be 15 feet high

Well I installed the different pistons that come w/ the shocks BAD IDEA for BASHING .. They have only one hole instead of the 2 holes that come in the shocks when they are assembled..
IMG_0066.jpg

They make the shocks pretty stiff probably good for racing BASHING IS A NO NO !!!!!!!
IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Yes today and 2 tanks this is what happened. So I will be replacing these shafts. And putting the other pistons back in.. Hope you like my damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice carnage SJ! love the one with the shocks going north and south. I believe a few shocks are worth bad*** baja, hope he wasn't whining about his shocks afterall. I'm sure he wasn't. I'd be grinning from ear ta ear.

hell yea i think a tricked out baja is worth around $100
have u got a pic of da baja megabyte

The winning jump was every bit as awesome as the prize. I could have lived with alot more damage if it meant getting that Baja. Definitly a testament to the durability of a Savy!!

SJ great review, they were my first hop-up, I swear by them. Try installing the bladders(White disks) from the stock shocks. I find they work alot better. I'm a year into this set, I bash pretty hard and I've only broken 3 shafts. All in the front. Peace.

great review sj. they don't look too good for bashing but they could be good for racing? grooverthumper have you ever tryed racing with them?
4x4

Nope. The beatings will continue. Please keep in mind that SJ did his best to damage them. I think that was the thought behind the review. You can ask, SJ. Peace.

Members online

No members online now.
Back