HPI Savage XL Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Savi

Just started but I am going slow so I don't hurt anything this baby cost to much to blow up after one day.hopefully it starts shifting better though.

Just started but I am going slow so I don't hurt anything this baby cost to much to blow up after one day.hopefully it starts shifting better though.

The 5.9 is pretty tuff, ive run it hot a few times, and run it for a hour straight still runs like a champ....

savi

The tube you got on the exhaust does that effect any performance or just keep the truck cleaner.:pirate:

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91416

here is my post when i got my XL and i have taken pics next to savage 25 which am currently converting it to a savage X with axial 32( let me know if u cant see the pics)

its pretty tough truck, it is great for higher jumps because of the big tires, but i am a basher, so i will change them for something else which will give me traction on sand or dirt

the only thing u do is to put some thread-lock on the screws on the backplate of the engine because it will come off after 4 or 5 tanks

i rate it 10 in general except the fuel tank thing,

it has a space so u can manage to put a fuel tank

i was thinking to puc it under the roll bar and turn the filter pipe 90degree, that will aid air to the engine if u have a cut in the cover

any idea how to fit a wing to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Metal, when you put the new era wing on your XL did you have to make any alterations to the stock XL shock tower? Also are these the part numbers you used?
HSV336MT Wing mount and adapter plate
TTRPD1903-B Wing

Hey Metal, when you put the new era wing on your XL did you have to make any alterations to the stock XL shock tower? Also are these the part numbers you used?
HSV336MT Wing mount and adapter plate
TTRPD1903-B Wing

Yes Sweet those part numbers are Correct... i used the stuff that came with the kit... didnt have to mod anyting...

holy crap, that was fast. thanks for the quick feedback. gotta find a body that will let me use that wing now cause i'm pretty sure it won't even come close to fitting with the stock body. your wing looks different than the one the part number matches with. that's why i asked. can you use any wing for 1/8 that you like?

holy crap, that was fast. thanks for the quick feedback. gotta find a body that will let me use that wing now cause i'm pretty sure it won't even come close to fitting with the stock body. your wing looks different than the one the part number matches with. that's why i asked. can you use any wing for 1/8 that you like?

Mine is a proline wing but any wing will work....

This forum has Sunk on a retainer. :)

i wish i was on retainer....

Thanx for all the great feedback. This site looks to be a great weapon for anything those R/C deamons can cook up. I'm sure I'll be back later asking more dumb questions.

Latest posts

Members online

Back