Hpi Savage XL 5.9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cephyus

I'm going to change the gearbox in my Savage XL Nitro, because while the engine is running the wheels had no power. It does have reverse installed. I opened the gearbox, and sure enough there is a gear inside it which used to be connected to another gear, but it has been ripped off. there is reverse installed on it, so the question is should i remove the reverse? and if so, are there any other parts than the actual gearbox itself i need? when i started it after 2-3 years, the idle is quite unstable, if that provides any more information. also, there is a small gear between the reverse module and the gearbox which has been shredded apart. here is (hopefully) a picture of the gears that are malfunctioning inside the reverse module. also, as you may have noticed, i am a bit new to this, so bear with me.
IMG_1259[1].JPG

First off, welcome to the forum. Looks like it munched up a few gears, I'd say check out the XL parts manual pinned at the top if you don't have your original manual. I don't have the three speed or the reverse but I will try and help the best I can.

Latest posts

Members online

Back