Hpi Savage X SS rebuild!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is anyone still there?
What should I set up my shocks with?
And what do you guys think about the cylinder poking out? I seems normal to me. It feels at home where it is.

Hi, I tried starting it today and fuel wasn't getting through the tubes. I can blow it through and its not hard so i don't think its the fuel tank. And the glow plug is tight. Do any of you guys know of a possible problem that could be causing this? Here's some pics. http://s32.photobucket.com/user/joeyb4341/slideshow/
the first one is a stipped set screw I had to get out to mount my pipe.
The fourth one is the pipe before I did the coat hanger.
I was also wondering how I should setup my big bores. I have 40 in it right now and its rock hard. They were properly bled and have close to no rebound.

I,m guessing the engine turns over fine and sounds like it has good compression.If so i think you should be checking for the dreaded air leak on the front bearing.

I,m guessing the engine turns over fine and sounds like it has good compression.If so i think you should be checking for the dreaded air leak on the front bearing.
ok how do i do that and I wanted to take off my carbeurator because i think its gunked up but it won't come off. Any tips?

It could be the jet on the high speed needle blocked, to check pull the fuel line of the tank fully open the throttle and see if you can blow through it, there will be some resistance.If you cant, remove it and unblock the jet.If you want to remove the carb undo the allen key. Use another small enough allen key to go through the hole and tap the peg out.Then use a small screwdriver to tap the peg out where the allen key was screwed in to remove that peg.The carb should pull out then.Hope that helps.

It could be the jet on the high speed needle blocked, to check pull the fuel line of the tank fully open the throttle and see if you can blow through it, there will be some resistance.If you cant, remove it and unblock the jet.If you want to remove the carb undo the allen key. Use another small enough allen key to go through the hole and tap the peg out.Then use a small screwdriver to tap the peg out where the allen key was screwed in to remove that peg.The carb should pull out then.Hope that helps.
This really helped. I didn't know thats how you take off the carb, Thank you.
I can blow through it easily.

Latest posts

Members online

Back