HPI Savage Suspension Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just joking bud. I have also stripped this same part. Mine stripped due to no loctite. I lost the top screw and didn't notice. the outer carrier bent due to having only the bottom screw holding it all together and I kept bashing. I think the same happened to yours. I don't think any one jump did it... But it did take loosing one screw first on mine. I have bent back the outers twice. one on each kit. both lost the top screw. This kit has taken every thing I can throw at it w/o bending when all in one piece. screws must be loctited and checked every so often. I will say Fred I don't think my fix is stronger. just a fix to stripping out all the threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bent back the outers twice. one on each kit. both lost the top screw.

ok, thats good to know caz i see a bend on the outer spindle, i'll try to fix it.

the bottom screw came out & thats where the bend is, top screw took the threads on the carrier with it.

i agree with the strength, caz that landing i hit would have destroyed the plastics completely. it was a sweet jump, but not such a graceful landing

i will post pics & explain your fix tho, peeps should know that there is an alternative to just slappin' down their cash & buyin new parts :resp:

ok, thats good to know caz i see a bend on the outer spindle, i'll try to fix it.

the bottom screw came out & thats where the bend is, top screw took the threads on the carrier with it.

i agree with the strength, caz that landing i hit would have destroyed the plastics completely. it was a sweet jump, but not such a graceful landing

i will post pics & explain your fix tho, peeps should know that there is an alternative to just slappin' down their cash & buyin new parts :resp:

If the bottom is bent you lost the top first. that is from it slapping around with no top bolt. that top screw took the threads after it was loose. All the same damage I got from not useing loctite. Did you use the stick blue? Id put that up for liquid stuff.

Great write up, I just ordered this and I can't wait to see this on my flux. Now I just need to find the di-anodizing thread write up lol Cheers, bank when this comes in be by your phone:woo:

Hopefully can get the kit from Kevin after the holidays.
Will be posting a thread for sure, and hopefully bank and fred will chime in and help with the necessary mods i should do to the kit before bashing it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back