HPI Savage Super 5SC - stock motor replacement with Castle 1515 / 2200kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynash74

Folks, i have a dilemma. the stock mounts for the Super 5SC only fit the diameter of the castle built HPI motor... now that i've gone ahead and purchased the Castle 1515 / 2200kv motor I need options on mounting it.

So Far i've suggestions like Kershaw and Alza centre diffs...

any others ?.

Good Luck finding Kershaw, Dan passed away last year :( and his shop is closed and not producing parts any longer that I know of, so it would seem Alza may be your only option at this time..... I checked IRC and they have no offering for transmission for the Flux versions

Seems like there is some stock left at kershaw so maybe an E Mail would be in order to them...

https://www.kershawdesigns.com/Savage-DirectDriveV3.htm

Last edited:
The motor clamps is the same as flux hp I think! Alza racing making motor clamps in different size to fitt many can size. motor-mount.jpgScreenshot_2018-09-26-22-06-18.jpeg

For my savage flux hp, I bought a "cheap" set of integy clamps, then dremeled out the inside until it fit my 2200kv motor on the rear. The front stock one fit fine as it's before the ribbed section. I figured if I totally boned one up, I had a second to try out on since they came in pairs.

I didn't feel like waiting for the alza ones.

I had to bend the little motor wire tabs up quite bit though as the mount ran into them:
2018-0311-SavageFlux-MambaMonsterX-MotorMounts01.jpg

Thanks folks that's all good to know. I do like the Kershaw designs setup. my flux tork motor shaft is spinning in the magnet under heavy load. I've stripped the motor down used locktite 638 and left it 48 hours... but the rotor / magnet is toast. I've considered taking the new shaft from my castle and dropping it into the flux tork just to get up and running again till i've made a decision on the centre diff etc.

I did exactly the same. I have the hpi savage flux mounts and I just dremmeled the rear mount to fit. It is works great! I think it would be less work that stripping motors and mixing and matching parts. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Back