HPI Savage Gearing and Transmission info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe a nitro pulling right locked in first gear. I actually considered it when challenged to a pull off.

when I tried to install my hpi 3speed kit, the spacer 77054b wont fit on the shaft, because the 3 gears on the shaft take up more room than the 2speed cogs, ... the instructions say that it will fit all savage, and I have a savage X 4.6 , can anybody shed some light on this? really pissed me off having it all pulled apart for fek all.
should I just cut the spacer down? or just return the kit? note page 3/8

Last edited:
with the pin in place, the gears on the shaft, and spacer on, the gears take up too much room to fit the c clip on the shaft.
note the difference in width of the gear set...

Attachments

• WIN_20160903_11_47_58_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160903_11_47_58_Pro.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 6
What filled that space on the 2 speed?
Can you provide a picture of the back of the largest gear and the front of the smallest gear? The smallest gear seems to have a recess in the front, in the instruction manual.

what takes up the room is the gears, I place the gears on the shaft, which slide on down to the recessed pin,
then at the small end, yes there is a small recessed area but it is too large for the spacer to sit inside the gear, and it faces the wrong way. photos to come.

ok HPI in the UK has gotten back to me.
what didn't come with the kit was a smaller plastic spacer part number 77504.

Latest posts

Members online

Back