HPI Savage 25 remote, TF-4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sticky 2gs

20160403_184517.jpg I'm new to the rc world i bought a hp savage 25 can anybody tell me about the controls on the reciver wat does they do thanks

Thats a basic radio, it has servo reversing on all 3 channels to the left and trims to center the servos to the splines on the right... all in all a very basic setup just meant to get your rig to run....
If you are looking for an upgrade then go to e bay or amazon and look for a FlySky GT 3 B for a nice radio with much more adjustments like exponential and Travel volume and dual rate to custom tailor the steering travels and all with a 3 ch setup on 2.4 ghz, all in all a much better setup giving you much more control of your rig, I use 1 and have 4 trucks bound to one transmitter so all I gotta do to switch models is turn a knob....

Thats a basic radio, it has servo reversing on all 3 channels to the left and trims to center the servos to the splines on the right... all in all a very basic setup just meant to get your rig to run....
If you are looking for an upgrade then go to e bay or amazon and look for a FlySky GT 3 B for a nice radio with much more adjustments like exponential and Travel volume and dual rate to custom tailor the steering travels and all with a 3 ch setup on 2.4 ghz, all in all a much better setup giving you much more control of your rig, I use 1 and have 4 trucks bound to one transmitter so all I gotta do to switch models is turn a knob....
Thanks i figured our the knobs on the right but wat do the swithes actually do were should i keep them

The switches on the left reverse the servo operation. All servos have a default rotation, but their placement in various vehicles requires the ability to make them rotate the opposite direction the radio is sending.

Thanks so much for pointing out the FlySky! I was just looking for info on an upgrade that wouldn't cost more than I paid for the truck! Since I have two trucks, that makes it an even easier choice!

One question, can the throttle max be adjusted with this radio? I want to let my kids start learning on either the Tmaxx or the Savage but I don't want them sending it into a full speed collision.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for pointing out the FlySky! I was just looking for info on an upgrade that wouldn't cost more than I paid for the truck! Since I have two trucks, that makes it an even easier choice!

One question, can the throttle max be adjusted with this radio? I want to let my kids start learning on either the Tmaxx or the Savage but I don't want them sending it into a full speed collision.
Ya check your manual for end point adjustment. Great idea too by the way. I'm going to create a setting on my remote for when I let my friends try and drive.

If it doesn't allow for EPA, you can still adjust the linkage on whatever vehicle they will drive so the throttle doesn't open so far.

True. But since I plan to drive both trucks, I would rather not have to make adjustments between handing off the controller to the kiddies. I ordered the FlySky and a couple of receivers from Amazon. They should be here in a couple of days! Woohoo! If I like the FlySky, I'll get a second one for the other truck. Then the kiddies can bash WITH me!

So i found out today my other 2 batteries that everybody was saying i had that i couldn't find was on the bottom of the top 2 lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back