hpi roll bar question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter4478

i have a rtr savage 4.6 and want the aluminim hpi roll bar and need to kn ow what the part number is the right one for my truck. thanx for the help.

Does HPI make one or are you talking about the pre-X models?

I use an Integy aluminum one. I've beaten the tar out of it, but it still functions.

5b-5.jpg

hpi 86129 (savage roll bar) is the number you want for the silver aluminum one but they have other colours as well which have different numbers i got my info from greathobbies.com they have several clours to choose from and there $16.00 i believe!!

hpi 86129 (savage roll bar) is the number you want for the silver aluminum one but they have other colours as well which have different numbers i got my info from greathobbies.com they have several clours to choose from and there $16.00 i believe!!

careful with that 1 bro, had it on mine & did an easy roll with the lid off & it bent so bad i thought it transferred the shock to the tvp's & bent 'em..i got lucky but i'll stick with stock plastic from now on.....

Yep, that the one I was talking about for the pre-X models.
It won't fit on the X without modification I don't think.

I'm using the stock plastic one myself but he asked for the number so i found it for him.. lol i would rather use the pastic myself as i don't want the extra weight either!! and I'm not sure myself if its a direct bolt on, good point whip!!

to mount the older alum. roll bar to an x you have to relocate one hole on each side of the roll bar

thanks so much for your input on this as i wasnt sure if it just bolted on or if you had to do some modding first so thanks!!!!

Hi anyone got a pic of the HPI rill bar mounted on thier Savage X? As it doesnt bolt on.Trying to deside how to do it.Thanks

Pete

Latest posts

Members online

Back