Hpi manual mistakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbd

Hello everyone I just purchased a savage X 4.6 a couple months ago and I unlike others always read my instruction manuals from cover to cover on anything I buy . I found 2 mistakes in Hpi X 4.6 manual.
don't get me wrong I love there savages but I'm trying to help out other savage owners.
1st mistake is on page 45 where they show you a picture saying "note direction" of rotostart bearing when replacing I installed it there way and engine would not crank a hair I turned bearing around the opposite of they it is shown and wala it turned right over..
2nd mistake on page 40, to set failsafe leave throttle in neutral position. Pic shows you neutral position but you need to apply full brake when you set your failsafe. Otherwise it will not brake if you lose communication with your transmitter..I hope this helps someone out.20190616_232845.jpg20190616_232845.jpg20190616_234654.jpg20190616_234632.jpg

Yes. When I got my Savage X 4.6 recently I have noticed this. I couldn't set the failsafe until I watched a video by HPI themselves explaining how to do it. I have told HPI about this upon getting my truck but they did not seem to care. See the manual on their website because that's the most up-to-date one. I cannot understand how it is even possible to send an outdated manual with the truck. If they've just been manufactured, why don't they print the latest one?

When I got mine and started it, wheels spun like crazy and I set the trim from the remote, destroying the spur gear in the process. They said it's normal for the wheels to spin. When I sent a video of it, they said they shouldn't be spinning that much. I feel that this is something that should have been written down and explained properly, especially for people like me who are completely new to nitro RC.

On my nitro's, I set my fail safe to have the steering straight and throttle to idle. I've had it kick in too many times over the years when in flight and going full brake tends to send it cartwheeling and landing very badly. But if I hit the jump and it's level, then just drops to idle, I have a better chance of it not crashing spectacularly.

They did that OWB thing wrong in a few manuals with a few variations of the engines.

Olds I agree with you failsafe to idle would be better then full brake but hpi says to set failsafe to neutral then shut off recuever and full brake will apply itself . Wrong it goes to neutral.

Ah, you were just pointing out the bad wording in the manual. I never ran HPI electronics, except for the motor/esc in my used flux hp.

Of course there are going to be mistakes, after all it is translated from Chinese where the whole line first originated from..... They are all built on the same line as many of the R/C models are.......

Of course there are going to be mistakes, after all it is translated from Chinese where the whole line first originated from..... They are all built on the same line as many of the R/C models are.......

No, totally disagree. After all this time, I'd expect them to figure it out and fix it.

No, totally disagree. After all this time, I'd expect them to figure it out and fix it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that manual goof up has been there for years and years and now with HPI dying I am almost sure it will never be corrected, you can send the new owners an e mail if someone ever buys the company, but any translation from chinese to english and all the other languages is hit and miss at best anyway so good luck in getting this corrected....... :lmao:

Sorry to burst your bubble but that manual goof up has been there for years and years and now with HPI dying I am almost sure it will never be corrected, you can send the new owners an e mail if someone ever buys the company, but any translation from chinese to english and all the other languages is hit and miss at best anyway so good luck in getting this corrected....... :lmao:

Mistakes do happen, and that's completely understandable. We all do them, myself included. I did not mean to sound angry or anything. It's just that after all these years, I would expect it to be fixed regardless of whether it's translated or not. The English is not that bad at all, so it's not like they translated it carelessly. Cannot speak for the other languages as I can't read them. And this is not even a problem with the translation. It's about things being completely missing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back