HPI BP Diff VS Cen GST DIFF !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not trying to argue with "friddy", but you said in the first response "plus you have to mod them, bullit proof, drop in and your done" so now your saying that HELLFIRE parts is the way to make the HPI diffs work, which also require "modification" to work properly in the SAVAGE. With this "MOD" , I also would agree that the HPI diffs are "strong" but they are not "drop-in and your done" as you tried to claim! The truth is that HPI has tried to improve on a product that was intended to be used in another application, and they have only improved it slightly. You agree that BULLIT-PROOF`s are not the only "upgrade" that is needed to make a reliable set of diffs! The CEN`s have worked better for me, and i have tried BOTH! At 50. each (canadian), the CEN "MOD" was very reasonable, ( had to drill 2 holes, WOW) unlike the HPI`s at 60. each ( plus the cost of HELLFIRE parts )

On behalf of frddy lol.. the BP Diffs can be dropped right into the stock cases, they are stronger then the stock by far, the reason i mentioned is hellfire cases is because now the only way you are going to ruin these gears are by the cup bearings failing, if u get some good boca bearings 10x16x5 and the BP diffs u wont have to look back, but if you want to go the extra mile and convert to use a better 8x16x5 boca bearing use the hellfire cups, now i cant and don't see the diff's ever being a problem for the rest of the life of the savage.. i was breaking pinions almost every weekend at the track, i went with the bp gears, and just the gears, haven't broke or evey chipped one yet, but now atleast once every 2 weeks i have to replace the cup bearings, still using the 10x16x5 stock setup.. and even after 3 failures, i still haven't trashed the BP's due to the bearings, shimming is not a "mod" in my eyes, its maintenance that should be done anyways.

when HELLFIRE parts are used, i would call that "not stock" so in other words a 'MOD". This is simple,..... some like `em blonde, some lik `em red head....... Some like CEN and some like B/P`s. I have had both, in the same trucks, in the same time frame, and i am having better service from CEN. At the time when i was looking into this MOD, nobody had mentioned where to get a better diff cup (the weak link in the B/P diff) so i used the stock #86827 and #B032, and it FAILED, more than the CEN.(I have had a CEN pinion break) To those who are reading this and are still confused, this is up to you to decide. Apparently there are two very strong opinions on which set-up is better. Thanks you, eveyone for your in-put, that`s what makes this forum great! Everyone is an individual with their own ideas and opinions! If we were`nt we all would be running the SAME trucks, how much fun would that be?!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back