HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set for Savage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) I'm sorry, but $75/set is the best we can do. It's already $28.99 less than the price Tower has listed for the same shock set.

2) We can't do free shipping. Sorry.

3) If you take part in the Big Bore group purchase, you can buy our in-stock shock oil at $2/bottle if you buy it at the same time you buy the shocks, limit of four bottles per shock set.

4) We'll do USPS First-Class International to Canada for that same $5 shipping cost.

5) I'll set up a separate Group Purchase thread as soon as I can find some time, and assuming someone else hasn't already done it.

6) My distributor hasn't heard an official word, but he said that knowing HPI, they'll release some different spring sets a few weeks after the Big Bores come out.

So far:
1) AIR_RAM
2) larsenracing -(as long as there are optional springs for his racer)
3) chrisw420
4) avandss - possibly two sets
5) SDMorris
6) Thyrfing
7) ShiftPoint - two sets

I will say this about those shocks. They are sick. John Schultz was running them at the Halloween event and we really got to look at them and play with them a little. There like 5b shocks on a savage.

Ah Mega, don't give me any ideas please, lol.

Now that I think about it though, thats probably exactly what they look like. I bet the perform really well.

I'm in.

The quicker these things fly of shelves, the more motivated they will be to developing new trinkets.

man those shocks look awsome!! hmmm maybe a future purchase!!

We haven't seen them in person yet so we don't really know for sure, but probably a bit less than eight standard Savage shocks. I would think two 2oz bottles would be plenty.

Air Ram, how much longer untill these are due in?

Blazer X found out from HPI that they were expecting to start shipping to distributors this week, so if that holds true they should be at dealers, including us, around mid-month.

It's not too late, you're on the list!

Thanks,
Bruce

Yeah cant wait because there is a couple sets of LST2 at my LHS thats been teasing me lately. :hardlaugh:

yeah I feel what you mean, there are two big fat packages of LST2 shocks on the shelves at mine too last time I looked. Although, I think these will probably look much cooler than LST2 shocks IMHO.

These don't look any larger than the MSR8's I have on mine. I would want 8 and that's pricey!

Sweet shocks none the less.. and an HPI product which is cool in my book.

It's hard to tell from the pics (to me at least) but do we just use the stock shock towers and pull one set of shocks off?

Guys i saw the prototypes at the Dungeon at Halloween. they are almost the size of baja shocks. it would be like running 8 lst shocks if you ran 8 of them.

So I think that means they are probably a little bigger than MSR8's???

Haha. :resp:

I think I'm going to hold off until someone with LST shocks tries these out and likes them better. I already have boughten the wrong shocks once, I'm not getting bit twice. Hopefully they do well.

Hi,

I just got a call from HPI about the questions I had on these shocks.
the guy that called me had sopke with the designer of these shocks.

Ok heres the info he gave me.

8 shocks will fit but its tight in the rear. Not needed, 4 will carry the truck fine.

Oh, they will be comming out with springs for these shocks too.

List update, we only need one more committed buyer to make this happen.

Larsenracing , are you in for sure? I added you to the list but you did mention "Conditions" about the springs being available. I don't know if they have springs of not... but I would think they do...

doesgo is that a questions you can answer for us? Are their springs available for these shocks? If so how much would it be to add a set of these into the GP purchase price? Perhaps a way to sweeten the deal for us & you?

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Sorry bro I didnt see this post till now. Yup I'm in.

Doesgo-Please let me know when other springs will be available for these shocks.

Like I said John was running those shocks at the Dungeon. They are sick. That truck floated when it hit the ground after a 40+ foot jump. Those shocks are smooth. if the cylinder is like the bajas. you have a nut where you can adjust the compression stroke of the shock.so you have dual springs one is a duel rate like the baja you have the preload adjuster and the i guess it would be a damper adjuster on the body that adjusts the rate where you do not have to change shock oils to get the effect you want. i will call my contacts and see if we can get a set or 2 for review.

Good deal... is their anyone else who wants in? This is looking to be a like a great deal, Cheaper then the LST shocks and from the sounds of it better.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Last edited by a moderator:
$75/set of four if you get in on the HPISF group purchase from the SMF Store, otherwise they're retailing at $90 and up.

man that sounds like a heck of a deal wished i had the extra money

Members online

Back