HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set for Savage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doesgo

a720a.jpg

From HPI Racing:

The HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set is a four shock conversion set that makes Savage trucks handle better, reduces maintenance time, and looks great too! The set is lighter, stronger, and smoother than the stock Savage shocks. Oversized shock shafts and hard anodized aluminum shock bodies deliver extra strength, while PTFE pistons, silicone bladders and titanium nitride coated shafts combine for smoother suspension movement and extra traction on bumpy surfaces.

The Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set includes 4 high performance coilover shocks with springs. It comes preassembled and fits all Savage trucks and includes 3 different piston sets, a variety of preload spacers, complete instructions and all of the hardware needed for installation.

These shocks are preassembled but do not include oil.

hpia720b2.jpg

hpia720c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have some Bruce? How do they compare in size to the stock units?

according to the SMF site they are not yet available and are $89.99

I heard a rumor a while back about these, didn't believe the person that told me. Guess he was right, thanks Bruce.
Running 8 of those would be sweeet! But I don't think my wallet would let me!

I agree with everyone we need more info can someone who is good at surfing the web find more out for us please?

It might be hard to find info, it appears HPI themselves doesn't even have them listed on their site yet.

Yeah, I can't find it Anywhere besides rumours on some forums with no pictures.

Can someone please post some measurements if anyone find any.

Doesgo,

thanks for posting!! Do you know if 8 of them will fit on a stock sized savage?

I do wish they were threaded, its ot that big a deal for me though. Its nice to have the option.

The information came on the HPI Press Release that was issued today, or at least the one we received today. It was the only item of interest, at least to me. The rest were some pinion gears and 1/43-scale die-cast stuff.

Here's the link to the press release for the shocks: Big Bore Shocks

As you can see on the site, the MSRP is $125 from HPI, so I'm guessing retailers will have them around $90-$100. Prices could go lower, but I didn't want to commit to anything until we get dealer pricing info.

As for sizing, I think the only way to compare at this point would be to put a picture of these on a Savage next to a Savage equipped with stock shocks. If it weren't for the existence of LST shocks I'd say these Big Bores are significantly larger than stock. LSTs make everything else look small, but these things are pretty darn cool. Considering the price of them compared to a full LST shock setup, I'd go for these, assuming they're any good.

hpia720b2.jpg
hpia720d.jpg

That's all the info I have, unfortunately. No sizing info or predicted release dates.

Since they mount in the stock location I don't see why you couldn't run eight, although it'd surely be tight near the fuel tank and header. That said, I'm guessing four will be sufficient.

Bruce, do you have any idea when they will be available. I may try a set on my racer as they should be better than the stockers which I am runnun now and I will not have to get a mount kit unless I make one which could happen soon. Anyhow I like to try different things as I already run the LST's on my basher.

I called hpi as soon as I read this. They are expecting first shipment next week and they will be sold in sets of 4. The shock shaft is 90mm long. Part number is A720.:jamout:

I could be wrong but they look just like the shocks on my hellfire just with longer shafts and springs.

:drunk: Thanx doesgo I will definitly spend a c-note to try those out.The shocks are obviously beefy ,but I think the upper mont looks very solid too.I like it, I like it allot!!

I really like the looks of this kit. As cool as LST shocks are, I'd personally rather do without all the extra bracketry.

Not only that, but I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to the Savage :)

We've officially got a bunch of sets on order! Hopefully HPI holds true to what they told Blazer X and they'll start shipping to distributors next week.

Yeah, we can probably do that. How many of you guys are TRULY interested and will be ready to buy by mid-February?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back