HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set for Savage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we can probably do that. How many of you guys are TRULY interested and will be ready to buy by mid-February?

Add me to the list... You may want to start this in a separate tread.... and just toss a link to it on here.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

I love it that HPI has finially released an updated shock for the savage. My question is what's the bore size 15mm/16mm? If they are 15 or 16mm then we can use truggy springs other wise when will HPI release option springs?

these are the shocks John Schultz was running on his BB winning Savvy for the Oct halloween bash. they work-lighter, but still not sure on the durability for heavy bashing.

So what would a GP price be on these and how many people would we need to get together in order to make it happen?

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

If we can get five or more commitments, we can offer $15 off per set, so $75/set, plus shipping. Thanks for pimpin' this, by the way! :D

If we can get five or more commitments, we can offer $15 off per set, so $75/set, plus shipping. Thanks for pimpin' this, by the way! :D

SWEET thats a fairly good discount for somthing thats just came out! I'm in... Who else is wanting in?

BIG BORE SHOCK GP LIST, we need five guys in order for this to work guys:

1) AIR RAM
2) larsenracing - (as long as there are optional springs as these would go on his racer)
3)
4)
5)

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Last edited by a moderator:
well, maybe if i ever decide to get rid of my losi shocks, ill definatly consider these. either that or when i decide to do a 4 wheel steering mod, those would definatly be easier to work around than the losi shocks.

i am in on a set ,when are they coming in and how muck to ship tp pa

SWEET thats a fairly good discount for somthing thats just came out! I'm in... Who else is wanting in?

BIG BORE SHOCK GP LIST, we need five guys in order for this to work guys:

1) AIR RAM
2) larsenracing - (as long as there are optional springs as these would go on his racer)
3)Avandss
4)
5)

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

I'm in... just wondering if i should order 2 sets?or one side stock other side beefy lol!!!:jamout:

Yeah, we can probably do that. How many of you guys are TRULY interested and will be ready to buy by mid-February?

Bruce,

I am interested in 2 sets, for the group buy. I would like to know about optional springs too and if 8 will fit on 1 savage. What I am worried about is, others have said there savage will bottom out from even 4 feet high with 4 of the LST sized shocks. I wouldn't want that, I do not race.

I am seriously interested in going for the group buy, but maybe I should pass pending more information.

Please send me a PM by the deadline for signing up, I would like to see what I can find out about these.

thanks

Shipping will be $5 to U.S. customers and will be via USPS Priority Mail. Shipping to other locations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

We still don't know exactly when they'll arrive. Hopefully HPI will stick with what they told Blazer X and that they'll begin shipping to distributors next week, which means we should have them about a week after that.

As for the deadline, I'd like it to be about the time they arrive here, but we don't know exactly when that'll be. As of right now, let's put it at Valentine's Day, February 14, but if we still don't have a confirmed arrival date at that time, we'll extend it. Once we DO have a confirmed arrival date, we'll lock in the ending date and begin accepting payments.

We don't know anything about springs yet, but I'll work on it.

Thanks for the interest, guys!
Bruce

List update, we only need one more committed buyer to make this happen.

Larsenracing , are you in for sure? I added you to the list but you did mention "Conditions" about the springs being available. I don't know if they have springs of not... but I would think they do...

doesgo is that a questions you can answer for us? Are their springs available for these shocks? If so how much would it be to add a set of these into the GP purchase price? Perhaps a way to sweeten the deal for us & you?

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

well, maybe if i ever decide to get rid of my losi shocks, ill definatly consider these. either that or when i decide to do a 4 wheel steering mod, those would definatly be easier to work around than the losi shocks.

Are you in? I'm not sure if you wanted me to add your name to the list or not...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Shipping will be $5 to U.S. customers and will be via USPS Priority Mail. Shipping to other locations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

We still don't know exactly when they'll arrive. Hopefully HPI will stick with what they told Blazer X and that they'll begin shipping to distributors next week, which means we should have them about a week after that.

As for the deadline, I'd like it to be about the time they arrive here, but we don't know exactly when that'll be. As of right now, let's put it at Valentine's Day, February 14, but if we still don't have a confirmed arrival date at that time, we'll extend it. Once we DO have a confirmed arrival date, we'll lock in the ending date and begin accepting payments.

We don't know anything about springs yet, but I'll work on it.

Thanks for the interest, guys!
Bruce

I emailed HPI with some questions, about springs, and if 8 will fit, are they good for bashing, racing, or both, etc... I may just call later today.

I will let you guys know what the tell me.

John

Well the good news is we have enough COMMITED customers... now all we need is DoesGo to get the parts in and get it started.

DoesGo, can you set up a special GP page or will these all be phone ordered. I know when I do Group Purchases for our Dodge Customers I set up a special page and just post the link in the forums. It makes things much easier and it tends to double the sales as the link is shared around.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

I am definitely getting these shocks when they get listed on the SMF site... also + rep for all the ones who researched all the info. :resp:

And yes that is a commitment :evilrocker:

Hi,

I just got off the phone with HPI, Ok this is what I know for sure. Nothing.

The guy I spoke with said the guy who designed these is out of the office in tiwain for about 1 more week so he couldnt ask him anything for me, he is going to ask around and call me back if he finds out anything for sure.

He did go and look at a sample installed on a savage. he said 8 shocks might fit, cant tell for sure without trying, he said they do to him feel like 8 will not be needed (it has 30 weight oil in it) he thinks it will be fine for racing or bashing wit just 4 shocks, they support the truck very well. the springs he is going to call me back on.

Bruce, if this is ok Please, if you get down to where there is only 2 sets left for the group buy, put me down for them for sure, other wise I will let you know by the deadline.

John

Air Ram, If I get 8 is it $75?

By the way, thanks! +Rep

They come in sets of 4 from what I understand... it appears these are intended to be used as the "SINGLE SHOCK MOD" ... So $75.00 will get you 4 of them.

DOESGO, any chance on tossing in free shipping coast to coast if we hit 10x total paid for.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

the more I look the more I like. I am thinking 8 will fit. the space between the gas tank is about the same as the space between the upper arm. if not I have 2 savages anyway.

Go ahead and add me to the list please for 2 sets (8 total). Oh can we do a group buy on shock oil too? we will be all needing oil.

thanks

btw i am in canada i don't think it should cost that much more......hmm so yeah i think free oil sounds good , i mean we are buying a crap load :0

thanks air_ram for your time!

Members online

No members online now.
Back