HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set for Savage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news: Blazer just talked to HPI and they're predicting a May release for the Big Bores now. Sheesh! :(

Apparently there was an error with the instruction manual. I'm not sure if that was the only reason, but that's the one I'm aware of.

Apparently there was an error with the instruction manual. I'm not sure if that was the only reason, but that's the one I'm aware of.

OMG!!! are you kidding?... If somone needs "INSTRUCTIONS" to install their shocks, perhaps those people should find a new hobby...LOL

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Like I really need instructions! LOL, what are they going to say, this?

First, you remove the cap and put in your shock oil of choice. Second, (this is the hard part) you have to take out the 8 screws to remove your old shocks. BE CAREFUL, they must be completely un-screwed for the shocks to come off! Then, use the included new 8 screws to put on your shocks. Success!

Like I really need instructions! LOL, what are they going to say, this?

First, you remove the cap and put in your shock oil of choice. Second, (this is the hard part) you have to take out the 8 screws to remove your old shocks. BE CAREFUL, they must be completely un-screwed for the shocks to come off! Then, use the included new 8 screws to put on your shocks. Success!

LOL just messing with you Morris but maybe you need the instructions. You have to take out 12 screws to take off the old ones. LOL I am just giving you a hard time.

Yeup... I bet he would have been tugging at his shocks all day trying to get them off...but if he used the instructions he would not have forgotten the additional screws. WOW thank GOD for instructions!

I really hope they take their time and make sure they get the instructions right. I would hate to forget to secure the shocks to the towers or the lower A ARM... man that would be disastrous. LOL

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

HPI visited our main distributor today to show off their pre-production Savage XL. I happened to contact our sales guy while HPI was still there and asked him to ask them when the Big Bores and the XL were coming out. HPI told him BOTH items will start shipping at the end of this month!

Keeping my fingers crossed...

I'm picking up a set of HPI Big bore as well. Plan on using them for the rebuild that I rebuilt that someone else work on and didn't like it one bit. Anyway I too have been waiting for these to hit the floor ( Available ).

Can't wait, j/k

Hop

I am eager to hear some reviews before I make my purchase. I wanted to do the LST conversion but this seems to be a much easier way of getting the same results. Me and the stock shocks just don't get along at all, but then again I do kinda beat them up LOL

I saw them at RCX and they are worth the wait.
It was sad to hear that they have had them for a very long time and they still haven't released them yet?

Dave

Last I heard was HPI told our distributor they plan to ship at the end of this month (April). Hopefully that comes true.

Done.

1) AIR RAM
2) larsenracing
3) chrisw420
4) avandss x2
5) XXX
6) ShiftPoint x2
7) SavageSteeda
8) Stevrock
9) Sav539
10) omgitsnick
11) shanty140
12) armageddonmonkey x2
13) TexasRaider
14) The Judge
15) xyzflix x2
16) texasavage
17) HPISF-POLICE

Back to eighteen...

1) AIR RAM
2) larsenracing
3) chrisw420
4) avandss x2
5) XXX
6) ShiftPoint x2
7) SavageSteeda
8) Stevrock
9) Sav539
10) omgitsnick
11) shanty140
12) armageddonmonkey x2
13) TexasRaider
14) The Judge
15) xyzflix x2
16) texasavage
17) HPISF-POLICE
18) gavmac

Now, should I make a list for everyone who wants the HPI Savage XL Chassis Conversion Set? ;)

the what i thought this where the xl shocks but they use 8 instesad of 4,this is what i heard of so small talk

What will be the differences between the XL chassis conversion compared to the FLM or other ext TVP's. I know they probably are not out yet to make a fair comparison but who has looked at the specs and what are their opinions? Hope I am not asking too much too soon

From HPI Racing:

HPI Savage X owners can now upgrade their truck with this Savage XL Chassis Conversion Set. This set includes 55mm longer TVP chassis plates that give the truck extra stability over rough terrain. The extended chassis plates are 3.0mm, thicker than the stock 2.5mm plates so they’re stiffer and tougher… perfect for extreme driving. The chassis plates have Savage XL logos etched into the chassis to really make them stand out! Also included is a 3mm thick engine mounting plate and an extended rear drive shaft. This is a factory engineered conversion set that is made to fit perfectly for quick and easy installation on any Savage X truck.

We recommend using the Savage XL body for the best fit, but some of the larger truck bodies can also be used.

List price: $90
Retail: around $65

100413a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Then there's the Super Heavy Duty Driveshaft Axle Set...

This SUPER HEAVY DUTY DRIVE SHAFT AXLE SET will upgrade any HPI Savage truck to the ultra-strong outdrives and dogbones developed for the Savage XL. The extra-thick steel dogbones deliver the durability you need for massive engines and bigger trucks. The set includes 4 dogbones, 4 inner drive cups, and 4 outer drive cups that upgrade the front and rear of the truck.

List price: $110
Retail: around $80

100415a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry! Kinda. ;) Speaking of money, I just added the suggested list price and likely retail price for each one to the posts above.

Latest posts

Members online

Back