HPI being sold - Bad? Or good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, thats what I'm hoping anyway. But i am a little scared of HPI's future. After ofna closed, who knows who'll be next.

You are so misinformed it is not even funny, first off OFNA/HoBao just opened a US distributor in Virginia and they are still around, secondly HPI has a better chance at becoming bigger and better if Traxxas does take them over, Traxxas is one of the BIGGEST and longest lasting manufacturers around the industry...

Your "fears" are totally unfounded and you still persist in spreading rumors about Traxxas....
I am almost positive your limited experience with Traxxas has made you so biased with respect to their quality that you seem to not even see the bigger picture....
In fact if Traxxas does take over the failing HPI product line I look forward to what they will do with the extensive HPI product line........

I just want to be able to get parts for my Savage. If someone keeps making the parts and I can still get them, then I'm happy.

I am with Sam. As long as I can get parts, I'm good. That would be the biggest bonus to Traxxas taking them over. I still don't think that's what's going on, but if so... so be it. After having a few Traxxas vehicles, I'm not overly impressed, but as an entry level hobby grade rc, they do great. And their customer support is really top notch. Helpful and knowledgeable, they answer the phone, and I can walk into any LHS in the country and get parts for them. I've been kicking around getting into racing, and the stock Slash class, I think, is a great deal. And really guys, think about who started the whole short course thing?

So uf this all comes to be are we not going to have access to any parts for the savage line up?

This morning I noticed that my weekly spam from Tower Hobbies had a section that says "HPI Racing: Get 'em while you can!"

Maybe they know something we don't.

This morning I noticed that my weekly spam from Tower Hobbies had a section that says "HPI Racing: Get 'em while you can!"

Maybe they know something we don't.

scooby_doo_2.jpg

img-332150-1-18394-zoinks-shaggy-scooby-doo-400x250.png

Same here, I know it's probably just a regular flux with all the xl goodies but I still like it.

All the unknowns that have been happening though it would be my luck I would buy it then it would get discontinued or something lol.

Maybe I'll just get me a x maxx. :whoo:

HPI does have the new XL 2.0 listed on their website, so not sure what the status is. Could be tower is trying to push out the old models.

Maybe, but when I followed the link in the email I saw that it's just showing the Baja 5B SS and a bunch of Sprint 2 models. Maybe HPI is just discontinuing those models?

Possible but if you look at some of there savage models they say awaiting order. Looks like they may be in short supply or just discontinued.

I just thought I would get a hold of hpi just to do it asking about the state of the company, here is what I got in response. I'm not much into rumors but I have to admit I was starting to get a little curious.

HPI Racing is currently in Administration. We are hopeful the process is coming to an end very soon and we can resume normal business.

Supplies of stock (kits and parts) may take a little while to recover but we expect to be back on track with all our existing line up and all the new stuff we announced earlier in the year. We are working very hard to make sure this happens.

I'm sure we will be posting more information as soon as we can.
Thank you for your support.

HPI Racing

I wasn't sure what that meant, so I looked it up:

Wikipedia said:
As a legal concept, administrative receivership is a procedure under the insolvency laws of a number of common law jurisdictions. It functions as a rescue mechanism for insolvent entities and allows them to carry on running their business. The process – in the United Kingdom colloquially called "under administration" – is an alternative to liquidation, or may be a precursor to it. A company in administrative receivership is operated by an administrator (as interim chief executive with custodial responsibility for the company's assets and obligations) on behalf of its creditors. The administrator may recapitalise the business, sell the business to new owners, or demerge it into elements that can be sold and close the remainder.

It doesn't look good, but it doesn't look doomed either. I'm continuing to hope for the best.

Never heard of Ripmax. Be interesting to see what direction they take. The article atleast says they will be keeping the company intact.

I feel a lot better after reading that. It looks like our beloved Savage isn't going anywhere just yet. Here's hoping the outlook is as good as I think it is.

Yea. I was kind of sweating it there for a bit. I've really been eyeing a Baja. And a problematic as the v1 Octane was, I'm waiting to see how the V2 does before I decide on that.

So there's the news, any thoughts from the forum members regarding the outcome positive or negative?
My hope is that it will be a positive result.

- Steve M.

Latest posts

Members online

Back