HPI being sold - Bad? Or good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won't know until they decide what they would do with the company (if this is true at all). That being said, Traxxas is hugely successful so it could have been worse. Would have been better though if Horizon Hobby had picked it up, their umbrella of brands are looking quite good these days.

I just read this also. Traxxas is not a bad brand, they are sucessfull for a reason. I agree I think I would like to see someone else pick them up but it's better than hearing redcat lol

We Will just have to wait and see, possibly a early April fools joke?

I think it is a GREAT move for both companies, Traxxas has been at the forefront of RC for many many years....I do wonder how much longer the Octane will survive considering all the problems with but if any company can fix it I am sure Traxxas can.....

As much as I'd hate to see HPI falter, I'd love to see the same LHS support for HPI vehicles that Traxxas has. I just hope they'll continue to offer kits. They're aren't many kits as it is, and Traxxas offers none.

I know, right? I just spent $270 late last year to put an OS21TM in my revo... just to get away from the stupid 3.3.

I always had good luck with the 3.3. With traxxas fuel it's very reliable and is great on something lighter than a savage. Maybe they will put a 5.9 on a revo!

I always had good luck with the 3.3. With traxxas fuel it's very reliable and is great on something lighter than a Savage. Maybe they will put a 5.9 on a revo!
I didn't have great success with it in my revo. Just not enough power for what I want to do without hitting 300F and frying plugs trying to get there.

Wouldn't that be something? Maybe at the least they'll give us a big block mount.

in truth there are already big block mounts available for TRX products, but in the real world a big block is just a bit much for the lighter traxxas vehicles...

Good if hpi only inherit traxxas's connections/parts support. Bad if they get traxxas's crappy plastics and designers.

I really don't want to see the next savage with revo diffs.

Good if HPI only inherit traxxas's connections/parts support. Bad if they get traxxas's crappy plastics and designers.

I really don't want to see the next Savage with revo diffs.
Took HPI a decade to come out with BP ones... :)

Well, guessing a decade. I remember having one 10'ish years ago and the best you could do was alloy diff cases, aftermarket diff cup, 4 spider gears and machined standard ring/pinion.

Yea, but traxxas was bad too. They only had the t-maxx :D

But seriously, if traxxas has bought hpi, and they do "traxxify" hpi's lineup, say goodbye to the most durable MT ever(arguably).

If that happens, i think I'm going to have to buy losi's instead of hpi's. Which sucks, because that means i have to drive an lst. Which is worse then a t-maxx.

Yea, but traxxas was bad too. They only had the t-maxx :D

But seriously, if traxxas has bought HPI, and they do "traxxify" HPI's lineup, say goodbye to the most durable MT ever(arguably).

If that happens, i think I'm going to have to buy losi's instead of HPI's. Which sucks, because that means i have to drive an lst. Which is worse then a t-maxx.

All this negativity.... I have run Traxxas stuff since the 90's, back then my Traxxas Blue Eagle stadium was racing side by side with Losi and Associated trucks and doing it's share of podium finishes also, i have both an E Maxx and recently got a used T Maxx, you insist in comparing 1/8 scale with 1/10 scale and they are completely different vehicles both in terms of handling and build style....

As for your comment about the LST what do you base this on ? previous ownership ??

and to close I will say it again, I am doubting Traxxas will change HPI much if at all... they already have one of the most successful road racing programs and are a force in 1/8 nitro and electric 1/8 scale racing across the world so why mess with success, if Traxxas does that then why would they bother purchasing HPI just to lose money in the deal.....

All this negativity.... I have run Traxxas stuff since the 90's, back then my Traxxas Blue Eagle stadium was racing side by side with Losi and Associated trucks and doing it's share of podium finishes also, i have both an E Maxx and recently got a used T Maxx, you insist in comparing 1/8 scale with 1/10 scale and they are completely different vehicles both in terms of handling and build style....

As for your comment about the LST what do you base this on ? previous ownership ??

and to close I will say it again, I am doubting Traxxas will change HPI much if at all... they already have one of the most successful road racing programs and are a force in 1/8 nitro and electric 1/8 scale racing across the world so why mess with success, if Traxxas does that then why would they bother purchasing HPI just to lose money in the deal.....
Savo savo savo ???

I have nothing bad to say against traxxas.. but HPI has alway been a die hard vehicle.. HPI has always kept parts for their vehicles for over 10yrs.. The savage 4.6ss I have is orignal.. nearly or longer than 10yrs old.. Through hpi I can still get all the parts I need. IF this is true.. I hope Traxxas keeps up the quality and availabity..

I didn't have great success with it in my revo. Just not enough power for what I want to do without hitting 300F and frying plugs trying to get there.
Yeah really! I remember my short experience with a t-max 3.3 truck and found myself shocked at how hot that thing would get after light work... I had been well acclimated to my old HPI .15Fe motor which was very solid.

I'm not super familiar with Twitter and I can't seem to find that tweet. Do you think you could link that too?

well after reading that maybe traxxas didn't buy it, but the for lease picture is hopefully maybe HPI USA just had to move to a bigger building.

Yea, thats what I'm hoping anyway. But i am a little scared of hpi's future. After ofna closed, who knows who'll be next.

Latest posts

Members online

Back