Hpi back in trouble...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read somewhere that Horizon might be picking them up. Don't want to be the one spreading out lies, so take what I am saying with a pinch of salt. Holy cow if this is true though!
Maybe dig up where you read that.

I truly hope not it’s been an absolute nightmare for me to find parts here in Calgary Alberta Canada I absolutely loved my savage 25 back about five years six years ago that thing was unstoppable I went through three different engines and never ever an issue with any of the differentials or any of that I think one time I broke a lower control arm and a knuckle and that was from a full on full speed crash into a steel stake that was in the ground that I did not even see. I hope HPI picks up the slack puts the big boy boots on and comes through it will be beautiful to see HPI come back into the HOBBY world as I’m really sick of getting stuck with only Traxxas crap from every freaking hobby shop up here in Canada

I've read somewhere that Horizon might be picking them up. Don't want to be the one spreading out lies, so take what I am saying with a pinch of salt. Holy cow if this is true though!
It's just strange how they don't understand to put out their trucks, spare/option parts, and bodies. We also need this stuff promoted locally to these cities

It's just strange how they don't understand to put out their trucks, spare/option parts, and bodies. We also need this stuff promoted locally to these cities

I will be honest. People keep telling me I got my Savage 4.6 for an expensive price because I had to buy it from another country. We have only one authorised shop here and he wasn't able to gey his hands on one. Parts are not hard to find for me because I get them from the UK for good prices. The Savage costed me 540 EUR... Is that a bad price? Be honest I really want to know

Got a response from HPI Support

My Email
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

You have probably received quite a few of these emails already, but I figured I'd email through as well to try get an understanding of what exactly is going on.

Firstly, HPI has been my go to brand, mainly for the Savage series you developed. My first savage was the Savage X 4.6. I then parted that out to a second hand savage xl - which I have since converted to flux. I have had a savage for about 7 years now and absolutely love it!

About a year ago I stumbled upon an amazing savage community forum. The most amazing people and supporters of HPI I think you'll ever come across. You can find us here:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/

We are all scratching out heads about the current state of HPI, due to there being no communication after a number of requests to find out whats going on. As a member of this community I think I speak for us all when I say we would like to know what the future of HPI is and whether its time to retire our beloved Savages to the showroom floor.

One of the members has had a response from a CVR Global rep, they are not even part of HPI! You can see the emails in this thread below:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/hpi-back-in-trouble.19294/#post-214312

Is it too much to ask for a clear response as to what is happening regarding the future of HPI? The effect its had on parts for our rigs is getting bad enough that people are already retiring their trucks. Its sad to see this happen!!

Finally, my intention with this email was not to "stir the pot" as it were, but more as a request for any information that I can forward to the HPI community. I apologise if any offence is taken from this.

Thank you for your time in reading this email.

Kind Regards,
A very loyal HPI follower

HPI Savage Forum Info
Username:
Biddie_fiddler

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their Response

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your support but at the moment I don’t really have any further information than has already gone out to all the enquiries made of us.

We can confirm that Kevin Murphy and Jason Maloney of CVR Global LLP and Kevin Brown of Kevin Brown Advisory Limited were appointed as Joint Administrators of HPI Racing Ltd on 1 April 2019. This is a bit like Chapter 11 in the USA.

Staff redundancies at the Swadlincote UK HQ site were made on the 4th April.

We can confirm that the Company is continuing limited trading under the supervision of the Joint Administrators whilst a buyer for the business is sought.

The administration process limits HPI Racing’s ability to bring in more stock or process warranty claims until further notice. We are hoping for a speedy resolution so HPI Racing Ltd can continue trading in the long term.

Those still here are working towards HPI Racing finding a buyer and operating as normally as possible under the restrictions above, but the sale process is being handled by the administrators in conjunction with the directors of the HPI group of companies.

We suggest keeping an eye on the hpiracing.com website and social media feeds for news on any potential sale of the business.

However depending on timeframes it might be a while until our supply or service can return to normal if that happens.

Kind regards,
HPI Support

Its nice to see that I got a response from HPI themselves rather than cvr clobal. Its more or less the same as what @ELWOOD received, just a more sincere tone I guess :p

They refer to "Chapter 11 of the USA" - here's some info about that. TLDR; They've gone bankrupt
https://www.uscourts.gov/services-forms/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-basics/chapter-11-bankruptcy-basics

Redundancies have already taken place in the U.K. so its not looking too good for them atm, but they do mention a buyer. Not sure if they have anyone currently though.

I will be honest. People keep telling me I got my Savage 4.6 for an expensive price because I had to buy it from another country. We have only one authorised shop here and he wasn't able to gey his hands on one. Parts are not hard to find for me because I get them from the UK for good prices. The Savage costed me 540 EUR... Is that a bad price? Be honest I really want to know

540 euro is about $860aud... You got one new?? Flux or Nitro?
For reference, hobby shops here were selling savage xl flux's for about 950aud

They're looking for another buyer? Wth happened to ripmax, the buyer in 2016? Why doesn't cvr global just do the job?

I don't even remember how much my original savage ss cost back in the day, probably around $400-$450. So for a RTR I could see $550. You paid around $600 and considering it's discontinued that's not bad.

If you wanted nitro then you paid a fair price. If you wanted electric a flux it can be had for $650. I see a new X on eBay for $610 shipped.

If you plan on keeping that engine I wouldn't worry too much about diffs and anything in the transmission.

For any nitro savage though I'd keep some spare brake pads, slipper pads, shock o-rings and caps, diff paper gaskets, steel spur, a hardened or hd clutch bell, extra aluminum clutch shoes, air filter foam elements, and maybe some suspension parts depending on how rough you are with it. If most of that gets discontinued you're at least covered for a long time, that is why I say keep more than you'll need for brakes, slipper pads, and shock parts

I hear people break big bore caps, but my set of 8 original shocks never bent a rod or broke a cap. So make sure when those are built they compress with the same amount of force throughout the entire motion without a spring installed. If you feel sponginess towards full compression it has air or is overfilled and will lead to something breaking over time.

And buy some shims for the differentials and diff case. Most likely you're going to want to have one shim for the front and rear pinion, and two shims for each side of each front and rear diff outdrive. That will save your diffs from premature wear. I know my old savage x (sintered metal) diffs and pinions looked brand new when I pulled them so you may not have issues, but you want minimal play side to side when the diffs are seated. You don't want them to be tight, just minimal play.

Been following this and really hope they find a buyer.

This may be slightly off topic but has anyone heard from Fast Lane Machine? I’ve ran several of their chassis and currently can’t reach them by phone or email. I’m looking for diff and trans cases in case anyone has any FLM stuff they might be willing to part with.

This was just posted on HPIs facebook page.
HPI Racing is delighted to announce a development that will see a change of ownership of its global operation. The major shareholders of the Scandinavian based Vestergaard Group have signed a deal that will see them utilise their 50+ years expertise and investment in the hobby industry to revitalise HPI Racing, capitalise on its great heritage and push the brand forward.

Speaking from Vestergaard Group's Danish HQ, the new owners announced a new era for HPI Racing with a stable supply chain and excellent customer service.
“We are looking very much forward to rebuilding the HPI Racing and Maverick brands together with you. The brands will be putting existing customer's needs first. Every HPI Racing product owner around the world has made an investment in HPI Racing. It's important we remember that and do all we can to ensure they have years of enjoyment from it. We can assure you that there is a bright and sustainable future planned for HPI Racing, with both innovation and parts supply at the core”.

More information will follow soon!

Please send any enquiries via email to: [email protected]

I've heard that before........let's see if this is different. :nailbite:

Atleast it's a step forward though.

I hope it's true! But if Mark Wahlberg has taught me anything...

oyVH0Cy.gif

This was just posted on HPIs facebook page.
HPI Racing is delighted to announce a development that will see a change of ownership of its global operation. The major shareholders of the Scandinavian based Vestergaard Group have signed a deal that will see them utilise their 50+ years expertise and investment in the hobby industry to revitalise HPI Racing, capitalise on its great heritage and push the brand forward.

Speaking from Vestergaard Group's Danish HQ, the new owners announced a new era for HPI Racing with a stable supply chain and excellent customer service.
“We are looking very much forward to rebuilding the HPI Racing and Maverick brands together with you. The brands will be putting existing customer's needs first. Every HPI Racing product owner around the world has made an investment in HPI Racing. It's important we remember that and do all we can to ensure they have years of enjoyment from it. We can assure you that there is a bright and sustainable future planned for HPI Racing, with both innovation and parts supply at the core”.

The same article was posted on their website. I hope they fix the supply chain I NEED PARTS & money :argh:

My plan is to convert the dead Octane to a flux.

Until I see anything good I am not going to say I'm happy with the news. Same things were told to us when Ripmax acquired them and they couldn't have done a crappier job.

I bought a new savage after ripmax acquired hpi, was so disappointed with it, had many problems, I had it apart a lot, they was little fiddly things but the old hpi must have had better quality control. I really hope this new company does better.

I bought a new savage after ripmax acquired hpi, was so disappointed with it, had many problems, I had it apart a lot, they was little fiddly things but the old hpi must have had better quality control. I really hope this new company does better.
I may be wrong but you may have just bought a lemon. I'm willing to bet they have tonnes of savages sitting and waiting to be sold. When ripmax bought them nothing changed in the products - HPI remained HPI.

Could be possible that they tried to save money here and there by lowering their QA standards though ?

hi, it wasn't major troubles, it was more like little adjustment issues, almost like someone assembled it that maybe was just starting at the assembly line, IDK, maybe it was just the one I bought, who knows, I straightened it out, but I still say was a lot of little adjustments n issues that was just way off.

hi, it wasn't major troubles, it was more like little adjustment issues, almost like someone assembled it that maybe was just starting at the assembly line, IDK, maybe it was just the one I bought, who knows, I straightened it out, but I still say was a lot of little adjustments n issues that was just way off.
"I PERSONALLY LOVE MY TRUCKZILLA SAVAGE, MAYBE SANTA WILL BRING ME A NEW 4.6 SAVAGE !! GOTTA LOVE HPI!!!

Latest news from HPI web:

Dear Customer

I hope the Scandinavian guys can manage the business better.

Latest posts

Members online

Back