Hpi back in trouble...

Jam Racing 1

NPTB MONITOR & Master of the known Universe
HPISF Supporter
doesn't say much, what trouble are you referring to??

olds97_lss

doesn't say much, what trouble are you referring to??
https://www.out-law.com/topics/financial-services/restructuring/corporate-insolvency-the-basics/
A company is considered to be insolvent under English law if it is unable to pay its debts. There are two tests for corporate insolvency:

the cash-flow test: is the company currently, or will it in the future, be unable to pay its debts as and when they fall due for payment?

the balance sheet test: is the value of the company's assets less than the amount of its liabilities, taking into account as-yet uncertain and future liabilities?
Doesn't seem good...

ELWOOD

I sent an Email , let's see if Katya Gineva responds.

Katya Gineva ,

Can you please elaborate in regards to the "Corporate Insolvency" specifically concerning production of H.P.I. brand part and RTR models. I think the entire R.C. community deserves an answer since H.P.I.'S past history has been so unstable.

Sincerely ,

Wayne

SavageDarwin

I'm just thinking of how much fun its going to be for replacement parts

SavageJunky

I've never really had an issue getting parts the past four years from the same small store. But I was told by them recently what was going on with HPI and that getting parts is going to be tough now. Next stop for me is eBay lol

InTheZone

When I contacted HPI about car bodies a month or two ago they said to expect stock of them in the coming months since they were experiencing issues with decals and not so much the physical body. I didn't question this, just going off what I was told. I didn't ask about parts though even though I said it seems people are eager to see stock replenishment from what I've seen online. Their facebook seems active, I just don't get how they were bought out to continue their brand, but have almost completely stopped all parts production.

Get the ball rolling and you'll get business back just like that. Either they or Ripmax are being very stupid about the whole process. It doesn't take years to correct these small things.

Wilson

I really hated to see this. I hope they are able to pull though. The savages were one of my favorite platforms but I ended up selling both of mine. I would love to own some hpi's again if they can get the company going again.

InTheZone

I really hated to see this. I hope they are able to pull though. The savages were one of my favorite platforms but I ended up selling both of mine. I would love to own some hpi's again if they can get the company going again.
When I drove my savage long ago I never broke anything major. I'm almost done completing my truck now to get back to driving it and will be stocking up on a few parts to be safe, but I don't see a reason to not drive it.

Fluxatron

Unfortunately big air is what I usually do with it so it's at risk every time, it hardly ever breaks so see how it goes, big air and obsolete don't go well together lol