Hpi back in trouble...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doesn't say much, what trouble are you referring to??
https://www.out-law.com/topics/financial-services/restructuring/corporate-insolvency-the-basics/
A company is considered to be insolvent under English law if it is unable to pay its debts. There are two tests for corporate insolvency:

the cash-flow test: is the company currently, or will it in the future, be unable to pay its debts as and when they fall due for payment?

the balance sheet test: is the value of the company's assets less than the amount of its liabilities, taking into account as-yet uncertain and future liabilities?

Doesn't seem good...

I sent an Email , let's see if Katya Gineva responds.

Katya Gineva ,

Can you please elaborate in regards to the "Corporate Insolvency" specifically concerning production of H.P.I. brand part and RTR models. I think the entire R.C. community deserves an answer since H.P.I.'S past history has been so unstable.

Sincerely ,

Wayne

I'm just thinking of how much fun its going to be for replacement parts

I've never really had an issue getting parts the past four years from the same small store. But I was told by them recently what was going on with HPI and that getting parts is going to be tough now. Next stop for me is eBay lol

eBay has been the only place I can find most parts. Time for the savages to go back on the shelf soon. I fly my planes more than anything now anyways

When I contacted HPI about car bodies a month or two ago they said to expect stock of them in the coming months since they were experiencing issues with decals and not so much the physical body. I didn't question this, just going off what I was told. I didn't ask about parts though even though I said it seems people are eager to see stock replenishment from what I've seen online. Their facebook seems active, I just don't get how they were bought out to continue their brand, but have almost completely stopped all parts production.

Get the ball rolling and you'll get business back just like that. Either they or Ripmax are being very stupid about the whole process. It doesn't take years to correct these small things.

I really hated to see this. I hope they are able to pull though. The savages were one of my favorite platforms but I ended up selling both of mine. I would love to own some hpi's again if they can get the company going again.

I really hated to see this. I hope they are able to pull though. The savages were one of my favorite platforms but I ended up selling both of mine. I would love to own some hpi's again if they can get the company going again.
When I drove my savage long ago I never broke anything major. I'm almost done completing my truck now to get back to driving it and will be stocking up on a few parts to be safe, but I don't see a reason to not drive it.

Unfortunately big air is what I usually do with it so it's at risk every time, it hardly ever breaks so see how it goes, big air and obsolete don't go well together lol

Although i was hopeing as much as anyone that hpi would come back in full swing ...

Its not the end of the savage, in fact you can build a savage using only a small handfull of hpi parts.

The aftermarket has lots of chassis, 1/8 diffs, engines/motors, center diffs, shocks, radio boxes, steering cranks, knuckles, a-arms, c-blocks, caster blocks, spur gears, fuel tanks and pipes....

The only hpi part we really need is the HD dog bones, hd drive cups and xl axle stubs.

Maybe a few things like bumpers and skid plates, Well i guess even those parts can be aftermarket, nevermind lol

Last edited:
@ELWOOD No response yet??

Well somebody responded but not the original person I contacted "Katya Gineva" .

Katya Gineva ,

Can you please elaborate in regards to the "Corporate Insolvency" specifically concerning production of H.P.I. brand part and RTR models. I think the entire R.C. community deserves an answer since H.P.I.'S past history has been so unstable.

Sincerely ,
Wayne
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-------- Original message --------
Date: 4/23/19 6:07 AM (GMT-08:00)
Cc: Katya Gineva <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: H.P.I. Insolvency

Dear Wayne

I should be grateful if you would confirm in what capacity you are requesting this information, are you a creditor of the Company?

With regards to the events that led to the Administration of the Company, full details will be provided in the Joint Administrators’ Proposal which will be issued within the next 5 weeks.

Kind Regards,
Jake Beake <[email protected]>
Wed 4/24/2019
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sent: 24 April 2019 06:37
To: Jake Beake <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: H.P.I. Insolvency

Jake,
No I am one of thousands apon thousands of HPI Savage owners that have gone through the mess of trying to source parts after HPI sold to Ripmax and Ripmax's excuses regarding supplying parts and new models for the past 5+ years. We all consider the Savage platform to be the best out there and have dealt with the lack of parts and support for to long.

Wayne

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Wayne,

The Company is continuing to trade under the control of the Administrators, therefore if there are certain parts or models that you are interested in acquiring, I would recommend getting in touch with the Company.

Kind Regards,

Jake Beake
CVR_Logo_Final_Blue_HIGH_RES
Jake Beake
Assistant Manager

DD +44 (0)20 3794 8742
M +44 (0)7710 074629
W cvr.global

20 Furnival Street, London, EC4A 1JQ
Email disclaimer & registration information

What kind a sh*t is that email thread!? :mad:

No helpful at all, thanks for trying anyway @ELWOOD. Was hoping for a more substantial response from them tbh.

Where will we be able find this Joint Administrators' Proposal when it does get released??

It’s with a heavy heart, that I’m saying goodbye to my Savages! They will be living on the shelf from now on. It’s become harder to find parts the last few years and as a result my other cars are being used more and more and both my savages are sitting not being used. After reading some posts here about Kits I discovered a new basher I have just added to my garage. The Tekno MT410!!!! I got build it last week and this week I’ve been ironing out the kinks and learning to drive this monster. All I can say is WOW!!! After a few double backflips, some spectacular crashes, and finally getting the hang of the power and driving on a “track in the making” I have Zero broken parts!!!! I will miss my savages but the next generation of bashers is here!!!

Last edited:
I'm running a truggy for around 6 years now,
Way more agile and fun to launch off jumps than a savage,
My x2 CRT pro kit came as brushless chassis,
I ran it on 6s for a while but then converted it to nitro,
Love nitro truggy performance,
I still run my savages,
There that bit clumsier than a truggy but I've grown accustomed to there handling,
parts are still readily available on eBay and cheap rolling chassis do come up on eBay to use as parts donors,

What kind a sh*t is that email thread!? :mad:

No helpful at all, thanks for trying anyway @ELWOOD. Was hoping for a more substantial response from them tbh.

Where will we be able find this Joint Administrators' Proposal when it does get released??

@Biddie_fiddler Yea I know same old legal speak B.S. .. I guess contact Jake Beake at http://cvr.global/ , looks like CVR is a Liquidator ...

X2. I don’t think any rc collection is complete without at least one savage on the shelf. I’ve had several and regret getting rid of all of them. Hence the new build. Can’t say I’ll build more than one but I can say that once it’s finished it will be kept in the stable.

Could it possibly be acquired by another company?
This is sad to hear, especially right after getting a Savage...

So I'm back after 4 years of hard bashing xD Yall helped me so much when i was a young nitro junkie... I've made many people smile and passed forward alot of simple great knowledge ! I never forgot ya :D I came to see if the news of discontinued parts was true :(

I've read somewhere that Horizon might be picking them up. Don't want to be the one spreading out lies, so take what I am saying with a pinch of salt. Holy cow if this is true though!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back