hpi 4.6 or 5.9 for savage x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just bought the engine i should get it this Wednesday any advice on how to properly break in the engine?

How do i put the engine at bottom dead center for the 15 min cooling process?

How do i put the engine at bottom dead center for the 15 min cooling process?

turn the fly wheel entell the piston is sitting alll the way at the bottom of the engine ..

After you put the flywheel on do like max said. Also i would mark the flywheel with something that isn't going to wear of. I used some of the old ladies finger nail polish to mark mine. This way you no where bdc is. Cause when you are done running it you should always put the piston at bdc.

Ok i called my lhs and thet told me that i needed to buy an upgraded 3 speed tranny for my savage that the xl tranny wont work on my savage is this true?

yes it can .. but you might find out you like the pull start better once its broke in and tunes right .. less stuff to carry around ... just need your glow ignitor in your pocket so if you have a stall you can just walk up to it n start it instead of carrying it back to the car or truck to roto start it ect... if you descide to convert it to roto start .. theres a sulivan tigerdrive rotor start that goes right on it ..

The pull start on this engine kind of sucks. While doing the break in (2 tank) it broke, I'm bought a roto start adapter from tower hobbies lets see if with this i can finish breaking in the engine.

damn they break alot on break in cause the pinch is so tight .. heat the engine up first with blow dryer or heat gun before you pull it or use the roto start n itll do alot better .... good luck hope the roto start works for ya ..ohhhh and btw .. hows the fingers? no bl;isters and missing flesh from the pull start?lol

I cant really tell you the pull start broke when i was about to do the 3 tank i will update you when i complete the break in tomOrrow

Actually it was starting after the second or third pull during the first and second tank but when i was going to started for the third tank it didnt want to start and when it did it would shut off when i gave it some gas. Thats when the pull start broke.

I'm getting the roto start adapter today in the afternoon i hope i don't have any more issues i reseted the needles back to factory settings Just in case

Latest posts

Members online

Back