hpi 4.6 or 5.9 for savage x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franger99

First of all hello, I'm new to the hobby and the forum as well.

i bought a used savage that lasted about 4 days. the old engine died on me so I'm looking into buying either a 4.6 or 5.9 for it.

which one you guys think i should get. should i keep the 2 speed tranny my savage has or upgrade to a 3 speed tranny? thanks in advance

welcome to the forum.. nice to have another member ... pk this engine is my personal favoret on4es to use that are a direct drop in and out perform most other stock engines..
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKYU8&P=ML

I agree on this one i had it after the 5.9 and it would whoop the 5.9s butt! I used it to race paired with Extreme RC Mods pipe and the mill went crazy ! Usually started off in the first or second pull dream to tune and run !

which flywheel, clutch and bell will fit on the lrp because i cant find anything on google

where did you find the parts

Can i use the old bell clutch. And flywheel?

I'm about to buy the engine but the 5.9 looks like a bigger engine with a lot of power. Will this little engine match the 5.9

Nice can it be converted to roto start

yes it can .. but you might find out you like the pull start better once its broke in and tunes right .. less stuff to carry around ... just need your glow ignitor in your pocket so if you have a stall you can just walk up to it n start it instead of carrying it back to the car or truck to roto start it ect... if you descide to convert it to roto start .. theres a sulivan tigerdrive rotor start that goes right on it ..

Welcome to the forum. Looks like all the guys have got you covered pretty well. But I agree the LRP will out preform the 5.9 even on its worse day. IMO leave the pull start on it. Max is right less things you have to take with you to your local track or bash spot and less batteries you have to charge as well. Also the roto start burns out the one way bearing faster too.

Yea i had a really bad experience with that bearing this last couple of days.

One last question who want to race me lol?

Just kidding thank you all for your help i really appreciated
Thanks

When i get it i will post a vid and pics

Lol thats call savage abuse, my savage has a 2 speed tranny should i put a 3 speed tranny

That's up to you. What are you using it for? Racing or bashing? and what type of area are you running it in? You can set you 2 speed to have a longer gearing if you really wanted to.

imo.. your good with the lrp and 2 speed transmission... the 3 speed has a lower gear n higher gear .. but with the 2 speed and the pwer from the lrp.. its enough to power house the tires on take offs like the 3 speed would and the higher rpm it maks will give you a awesome top end ... so i say stick with the 2 speed and later on maybe upgrade to 3 speed once your board of it lol thats what i do .. once it starts looking slow upgrade to 3 speed ..

Members online

Back