How to remove tires from rim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Remove tires from truck.
2. Put water into an pot and bring to an boil.
3.Place tire one at an time into boiling water ( be careful it will be hot )
4.Boil for 5 minutes on one side and remove tire from water it will be really hot do to the fact it is rubber try to pry the tire from the rim carefully so you don't rip the tire and leave pieces of rubber on the rim.
5.If tire won't come off then repeat step 4 again.
6.Once the one side is done turn over and place the other side into the water and repeat step 4.

You will have to add more water as you do and be sure to be careful as the water will be 100 dredges and will burn and wear gloves too
Hope this helps on getting the tires off your rims

:Fingers:

you guys and acetone... toss a o-ring in the coffee can. check back in 3 days and tell me where it went.... It does eat rubber! We have a crane that blows O rings into the back of the fittings we use Acetone to dissolve them out over buying new fittings or hours with a pick trying to dislodge them

Ne ways I do all four at a time in a big lobster pot I weigh them down boil for 45 Min's toss them a full sink of cold water to cool them and they pop off no problem Every time.

When removing glue from wood they recomend Methyl- hydrate. I am not sure what this stuff would do to the rubbger or plastic.
I am going to try Bankrupter's method and if I have no luck methyl.

Latest posts

Members online

Back