How to remove tires from rim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaCkEdMaN

1. Remove tires from truck.
2. Put water into an pot and bring to an boil.
3.Place tire one at an time into boiling water ( be careful it will be hot )
4.Boil for 5 minutes on one side and remove tire from water it will be really hot do to the fact it is rubber try to pry the tire from the rim carefully so you don't rip the tire and leave peices of rubber on the rim.
5.If tire won't come off then repeat step 4 again.
6.Once the one side is done turn over and place the other side into the water and repeat step 4.

You will have to add more water as you do and be sure to be careful as the water will be 100 dregees and will burn and wear gloves too
Hope this helps on getting the tires off your rims

:Xfingers:

here is another way you can do it. preheat your oven to 300 and but the tires and rims in there for 20 mins and they come off real easy make sure to set the timer. just for fun don't tell the wife and ask her take them out when the timer goes off. she will love it LOL

The heat doesnt damage the rims at all?

nope it doesnt get hot enough to. but use a cookie sheet

ya i bet when the rubber heats up your whole kitchen stinks lol but thanks for the tip

ok ya I'm new and don't have a truck yet so I'm guessing the tires are glued on or something???

Yep i have did it twice and never again...nothing like working in a tire factory and then coming home and trying this trick...ah yea the smell of tires in my kitchen:duh: by maximizers wheels and forget it

You have to get the temp of the glue inside the beed up to loosen the glue. That would be a lot of flame.

My 2 cents.Ive done both bake n boil ,baking was twice as effecient at least.i don't think it is as easy to get the heat up enough with boiling.and boiling 40 series tires you need a very large pot to hold 4,the energy used to heat the water up as compared to just heating the tires is also pretty considerable also the tire comes off very easy with no messy water and very hot steam.plus if you open the house up the smell goes away easily.

My 2 cents.Ive done both bake n boil ,baking was twice as effecient at least.i don't think it is as easy to get the heat up enough with boiling.and boiling 40 series tires you need a very large pot to hold 4,the energy used to heat the water up as compared to just heating the tires is also pretty considerable also the tire comes off very easy with no messy water and very hot steam.plus if you open the house up the smell goes away easily.

That true you make an very good point so in what your saying I think I might try the bake way to remove the tire when I need to replace tires next.
:resp:

You can get a gallon of acetone from your local hardware store. Soak tires in this overnight and it removes the tires and the glue. The acetone eats the glue but doesn't hurt the tires or rims.

Putting a lid on it is a good idea because the acetone will evaporate. I did this in my garage and just left the door open for an hour or so the next day and it aired out nicely.

Latest posts

Members online

Back