How to fix loose carburetor- HPI S and F engines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adb140275

aka Ebee
Heres how to fix the loose carburetor problem. lots of washers... it works very well for me, holds the carb tight just like it did when it was new. ive noticed that after 2 gallons, the pinch bolts wear and loose their grip on the carburetor... well here's the fix!

NOTE: I'm running a sportwerks .26 carburetor (much better than the stock one) and the engine is very dirty, so please abstain from commenting on that.

101_0510.jpg

Actually i don't think you can, you would have to purchase the whole carb assembly to get one, or atleast i remember talking to someone who said they couldnt get just the collar and screw.

Good tip. I had my carb loosen up on me this summer, and went and traded my carb to one that stuck tight. I think it was a Duratrax one.

Cant you just buy another pinch bolt or that collar thingy that slides in there?
(not being sarcastic)

Actually i don't think you can, you would have to purchase the whole carb assembly to get one, or atleast i remember talking to someone who said they couldnt get just the collar and screw.

it might depend on which mill. i bought the pinch bolt for the K4.6 for about $3 without buyin a carb.

Latest posts

Members online

Back