How strong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbreddie

Hi guys, my steering servo has burnt out. not sure how, but it has.

Can anyone tell me what servo I should look for, I have seen servos from3kg to 15kg.

Which servo is fitted as standard?

Many thanks for any help

you wont want to go back to the stock standard servo...
if you have the bucks, invest in a Hitec 7955TG titanium geared servo...(or any servo of similar torque)....

Or the cheaper EXI servos from Hobbypartz...

look for a servo around 170-200 oz torque and 12-15 on speed. any torque above that is overkill/overspending and usually sacrafices speed for the huge un-needed torque.

Ok, thanks for the help. I like the idea of the 7955tg, but its way out of my budget. I have to do it on the cheap.

I have done a conversion on the 200oz servo and that only gives 5kg. I am told the standard servo is a 6kg, I am looking now for something about 10kg.

But I hadnt thought about the speed of turn, so many thanks for that.

Hey cbreddie,

I just blew my stock servo's last week. (See the following thread)
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18356

I put in the HiTec HS-5645MG Digital Servo. This one may be in the specs and price range you are looking for. I was very happy with the results. By no means the top of the line available, but leaps and bounds above the stock servo and it won't hit your wallet that hard.

Speed: 0.23 sec/60° at 4.8V
Speed: 0.18 sec/60° at 6.0V
Torque: 143.03 oz-in at 4.8V
Torque: 164.2 oz-in at 6V
Length: 1.59" (40.6mm)
Width: 0.77" (19.8mm)
Height: 1.48" (37.8mm)
Weight: 2.11oz (60g)

Lowest price I came across on the Net was here http://www.hobbywarehouse.com/Digital-High-Torque-HS5645MG-Universal

Also available at A Main and Tower.

Hope all works out for you whatever you decide to go with.

ace 1015 is really nice, and ive been hearing good things about savox lately, although i cant personally vouch for them

Members online

Back