How-Not-To-Section

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not to question the bank but i have a reciver that says otherwise. i pluged it in wrong and my savey was down and out untill i got a new one. i really cant explane because ive also done it to the new one but have not had the same out come????

LMAO never fear to say otherwise! I just know I do this every other time not paying attention and to date have never harmed one. :Xfingers:

How NOT to de-flood your engine.

New savage owner, flooded engine, took out glow plug and put rotostart on, looking over the head i spin the rotostart, as soon as i touched the button i got a huge splash of Byrons 25% in my right eye lol

The first time I ever pulled a diff apart I took the ring gear off the cup and was trying to get that darn axle out of the gear I thought it was pressed in or something. So there I am beating on it with a hammer and drift pin till that little steel pin broke and the axle just fell out and I realized you maroon the gear just comes off the axle and you take the pin out of the axle what a dumb a$$.

:stupidcoffee:

New savage owner, flooded engine, took out glow plug and put rotostart on, looking over the head i spin the rotostart, as soon as i touched the button i got a huge splash of Byrons 25% in my right eye lol

I did that with after-run oil. lol

LMAO never fear to say otherwise! I just know I do this every other time not paying attention and to date have never harmed one. :Xfingers:
Maybe it was a fluk! it was when i first got my savage and didn't know how everything plugged in, but it quit on me! put a new receiver in and everything was fine..
:dunno:

I got 1. I removed the gas tank to access sumthin or forgot the 2 hair pins. I started the truck and drove like a lunatic across yard and halfway back it stalls, soo I put ignitor on and yank away for awhile, then get tired and notice that the fuel tank IS GONE! [Maybe it's not getting any fuel?]

any one ever put their wheels on backwards, Then it takes ya a week to realize why it's handling went to crap.
Not ALL Tires But Ya Have To Watch Out

Let's see...

When I was about ten, my Dad got us all Radio Shack RCs, including a buggy for himself. That was the only one of the three that still ran. When I moved out, he let me have it, and after a few months, I decided to have some fun with it. It ran on 8 AA batteries. I doubled that.
The thing ran like a scalded cat for a couple weeks, did insane donuts and burnouts, then one day as I did a speed run across a parking lot, it just burst into flames. I didn't have any way to put it out, so it just burned until it finally sputtered out about twenty minutes later. As far as I know, there is still a puddle/pile of plastic in the middle of the parking lot there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out to run yesterday, was really cold for south texas, I was having a heck of a time getting it to sputter...anyway, I am slowly wearing out my roto-start battery, wondering why the thing won't even sputter..I was trying to adjust the needles, idle..I even pulled the glow plug a couple times to see if I had flooded it...after about 3 minutes of this i finally have the Ah-ha! moment and realize I never put the glow plug ignighter on. DOH! makes things run a lot better when there is actualy glow in the glow plug! I got plenty more stories, but that is the "noobiest" of them all :)

lol, yeah...I am cruising that before I get my new power chair ;)
powchair.jpg

I think I have one that takes the cake and proves how good ERCM motors really are.

Last spring I got my Picco in the mail from Robin all excited I put on the flywheel and clutch shoes finished the rest of my build and manages to get about 3/4 of a gallon in while going through several spurs cb bearings and a cb. This winter I figured out that my clutch shoes were on backwards.

Now if that isnt funny enough. I was blowing the doors off of my buddies revo 3.3 at half throttle with my shoes on wrong :lmao4:

I think I have one that takes the cake and proves how good ERCM motors really are.

Last spring I got my Picco in the mail from Robin all excited I put on the flywheel and clutch shoes finished the rest of my build and manages to get about 3/4 of a gallon in while going through several spurs cb bearings and a cb. This winter I figured out that my clutch shoes were on backwards.

Now if that isnt funny enough. I was blowing the doors off of my buddies revo 3.3 at half throttle with my shoes on wrong :lmao4:

will your clutch even work if the shoes are backwards?????

will your clutch even work if the shoes are backwards?????

yes, its called "leading" installation vs "trailing." some truggy racers tune their clutch this way for more smack.

the culprit in was more likely bad gear mesh, bent/broken motor plate, motor-mount or screws coming loose.

Its happened 1 to many times. Pack up all the cars the tools the fuel for a bash day. Drive 20 mins, get there get the truck fueled. go to start it no glow plug ignitor.

ok this one happened when i started RC:

forgot to put the antenna up on the car(Kyosho ultima gas powered 2wd drive buggy) slapped into a curb after it went out of range. snapped it in half. 27mhz

Always put the antenna up:dunno:

The reason i didn't put it up was i followed the picture on the box:10:

Dunno if this was said, but NOT using loctite, NOT tightening the flywheel nut before installing clutch shoes, NOT having your rx turned on when you start the engine combined with the servo being at WOT, NOT having your failsafe set right, NOT putting the piston back in your engine the right way, putting the OWB in backwards, charging an rx pack at 8.4v.... ive screwed up a lot

thinking you know what you are doing when you try your first Mid tank mod!!! LMAO
GL.........................................................................................
mask2001.jpg

no pic i have a good one i bought a hotboies rear cvd drive shaft it looked think but it was my only choice it said savage buy was for a revo ya 1 st week of have a savage

anthor good only seeting the fail safe back wards and it smacking into a pick up trucks rear axle doing a wheelie tmaxx needed whole new front end and main plate and spur gear

Hi all, yesterday I started no.1 threw it on the ground and about the time I hit the throttle it felt like a bee flew up my shorts and stung me...the controller hit the ground and off went the pants .....turns out I put a freshly charged glow starter in my pocket on top of my keys and WOW it got hot PDQ

Hi all, yesterday I started no.1 threw it on the ground and about the time I hit the throttle it felt like a bee flew up my shorts and stung me...the controller hit the ground and off went the pants .....turns out I put a freshly charged glow starter in my pocket on top of my keys and WOW it got hot PDQ

:lmao:!!!!!!!!!!!

ouch! :lmao4:

Thats just to funny!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back