How-Not-To-Section

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROMITE

Their is soo many Helpfull Threads! This thread is intended to make us Laugh and Learn,

What we need is your mess ups! anything you may have tried or done that went wrong,an upgrade that turned out bad, or a simple story of how you started your truck before turning on the controller.
Anything a newbee should look out for.

Ok here is one of my most famous mess up's......
get to the starting gate for a round 2 race at the 2008 WF's, and forgot to fill up the fuel tank. Light went green, Q pulls the trigger, and ran out of fuel. Kinda embarrassing. Lesson learned, always check your tank before you race.

Good ones guys. Here is one i felt real stupid about.
My friends and i get together on a saturday for an all day bash, after about a half hour of running my savage decides to spin a spur gear "i thought". The spur was fine so, i figured it was the transmission or something. long story short i was done running for the day and had to watch every one else have fun all day long. Well a week later i start going over the truck and found out i snaped a grub screw.lol I had about five more grub screws in my tool box and could of had it fixed in two minutes. I missed a very fun day do to my stupidity. so check your grub screws

my dumbest move would have to be not making sure my hump pack in my truggy was fully charged and had to watch it take off at mach 1 rip acrossed a busy street and slam into a curb "pieces flew everywere",with my savage x it sorta lets me know first the battery is low cuz the steering starts acting up but no warning with the truggy, so ALWAYS MAKE SURE BATTERIES ARE FRESH,OR IF USING A HUMP PACK MAKE SURE ITS CHARGED!! LOL

and i also started my truck without the radio on before "first time i started it" but it didnt make it far before flipping over THANK GOD no damage done!!

well lets see ive forgot to put the retaining spring on my exhaust, didnt tighten down a wheel nut, and forgot to tie down my battery holder.
If that all happend at the same time you need to retire. i can picture one jump and your truck falling to peices. LMAO

Gluing my fingers to the tires, grinding down the wrong part, dog bone thing like 88, trying to start truck with something turned off.. name it, forget radio at home... never did the stickers on the outside of the overspray film though.

I know I've done more... I'll be back!

i have also fried a reciver by pluging the wires in backwards. "Note To Self" THE BLACK WIRES ALWAYS GO TOWARD THE OUTSIDE OF THE RECIVER BOX!!

went to the track which is about 23 km away from home and forget the savage at home :p........ Stupid.......

have done that drove 20 miles picked up a friend then drove 15 more to bash and got there opened the trunk got out the bag with my fuel radio and tools and looked no savage.

My Story...

Pulling and pulling at the pull cord over and over.. then sat down tired and just stared at the thing to realize the ignitor wasn't on the plug. ROFL!

Great thread BTW!

Pulling and pulling at the pull cord over and over.. then sat down tired and just stared at the thing to realize the ignitor wasn't on the plug. ROFL!

Great thread BTW!

Thanks! and i have been their and done that soo many times its not funny any more>LMAO

Forgot the roto start, forgot the fuel bottle, wheel nut comes off and the tire rolls away from the truck. One time I was out running the truck at night and my fire dept pager went off so I had to load everything up to get to the call. Well I forgot that I started the truck on a bench at the parking lot I was at and left my roto start and glo-ignitor on the bench. Well two days later I was thinking of runing the truck and then remembered that I had not picked them up. So it had rained all day before I remembered it, but luckily everything still works. Probably got more, but I think I have said enough.

Forgot the roto start, forgot the fuel bottle, wheel nut comes off and the tire rolls away from the truck. One time I was out running the truck at night and my fire dept pager went off so I had to load everything up to get to the call. Well I forgot that I started the truck on a bench at the parking lot I was at and left my roto start and glo-ignitor on the bench. Well two days later I was thinking of runing the truck and then remembered that I had not picked them up. So it had rained all day before I remembered it, but luckily everything still works. Probably got more, but I think I have said enough.

i cant beavile the stuff was still their. lucky

great story guys..

well as for me, it happen 10 month ago.. remove broken rear diff, installed with new 1... then run it. all tyres spun but it cant go anywhere.. then i realized that the rear tyres were spinning in opposite direction...

great story guys..

well as for me, it happen 10 month ago.. remove broken rear diff, installed with new 1... then run it. all tyres spun but it cant go anywhere.. then i realized that the rear tyres were spinning in opposite direction...

I've wondered if anyone had ever done that.

You got it their bank? you had me thinking for a minute.

No, I have done that 10-15 times. It don't reverse polarity and short out. it does nothing at all. flip it the right way all is fine.. Now if you put power to a sensor plug on the DX3S= OVER !

great story guys..

I'm not making fun of ya in any way but that would be something to see for sure!! lol

great story guys..

i was waiting on this one! just wanted to see who admitted it .LMAO
:banme: "PAY ATTENTION WHEN REPLACING YOUR DIFFS"

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I have done that 10-15 times. It don't reverse polarity and short out. it does nothing at all. flip it the right way all is fine.. Now if you put power to a sensor plug on the DX3S= OVER !
not to question the bank but i have a reciver that says otherwise. i pluged it in wrong and my savey was down and out untill i got a new one. i really cant explane because ive also done it to the new one but have not had the same out come????

Well putting together my build last night i put my steering kunckles on and was wondering why my diffs werent spinning?? Well forgot the dogbones.. errr durrr!!

Trying to start the truck with no fuel in the tank..

Forgetting to secure the RX box on the S-25 and after a jump watching the RX and the batteries flying off everywhere...

err and prob a lot more!

Bought Integy parts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back