How-Not-To-Section

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Ive got two, One for me and one for my friend.

I went to his house for an afternoon winter bash, making sure all my batts were charged, bringing extra glow starters, and even turning around halfway their to get my controller. So we get the trucks fired up, and my servos start glitching, so with everything running I pull the lid off to check my Batt display, all green, Check the antenna, no cuts, looks good, next thing I know, the truck pulls WOT, spins a few times and drives RIGHT THROUGH HIS BASEMENT WINDOW!!!! It landed and flipped but filled the house with that lovely smell. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR TRANSMITTER BATTS. failsafe doesnt work if its getting a wonky signal :drummer:

Now the friends incident,

I talked another friend into buying a savage, after breaking in his motor and having a runaway I talked him into a failsafe. I live a few doors down from him and was out working in the garage on my truck, all I hear is the scream of a very lean engine and a flash went passed my house, followed by a helpless screaming buddy, LOL. turns out he didnt set his failsafe properly, and when he shut off his controller, well, you know the rest.

mw and my buddy where bashin i was drivin my xl and he his baja allll ulunim and i smack it hard he turn and runs over my truck leeson learned

carb cleaner to the eye

this is the second time I have done this.

the first thing I do when I take my motor out of my savage is blast off all the gunk with carb cleen, then followed by a blast of air from my compressor to get it really clean. I noticed some dirt down in the glow plug area so I gave it a good blast of carb cleen and the fluid sprayed into the head and right back out into my eyes. so just be careful when using that stuff it REALLY hurts when it gets in the eyes.

gotta bring this thread back its funny:

after trading the jato with a 2.4ghz for a savage with an AM radio, i was not used to putting the antenna up and 10ft she took off. where did she take of to? the neighbors garage door. hahah guess who had to pay for the savage shaped dent? :'( its happened before... to the same neighbor lol

I'll add some, getting everything ready to go run the savage at a buddys house, get there open the bed cover on my truck and there sits my t maxx. Picking on my wife as she drives my 4 tec, I always thought it was cute to drive up really fast at the 4 tec and hear her cry as I stopped in front of it, till one day I accidently peg it tmaxx stands straight up ramps of the 4 tec hits the ground and breaks 8 A arms, 4 tec kept going

Back ward one way bearing...for some reason this was super aggravating.

Had a LiPo blow up in the back of the truck because I for got to turn off the mini t when I set it back there

Starting my 4 tec with the transmitter off, everyone talks about hitting something, mine got stuck on a two foot high fire ant hill... I got scars

And personal fav. Used to have a skate board half pipe in my drive way we built, sold it so we cut it in half, they came picked ul one piece and left the other, so the next day my buddy comes in the house yelling let's jump the house it'll be awesome, so I said sure ill try it make a few lil practice runs and finally hit it full blast t maxx goes straight up never comes down got stuck in a tree...spent three hours getting it down cause no ladder I had was long enough, had to cut down the tree, thY put a end to my big jumps...

Do i get to be the biggest idiot? Lol

iv put diffs back in upside down in my buggies

my best was with my revo, i bought it as a basket case, put it together. its all good. deceided later i wanted a FOC.
put it in, went out fired it up, hit it the throttle, and it ran up my leg.
seems that when i put the truck together from the start, the tranny was in reverse and i put both diffs in backwards

iv put diffs back in upside down in my buggies

my best was with my revo, i bought it as a basket case, put it together. its all good. deceided later i wanted a FOC.
put it in, went out fired it up, hit it the throttle, and it ran up my leg.
seems that when i put the truck together from the start, the tranny was in reverse and i put both diffs in backwards

I had a friend that did that with his revo, i was funny as all get out. since it was a Revo i told him "thats a Revo for ya" I put his body on backwards and told him to have at it.lol

I had a friend that did that with his revo, i was funny as all get out. since it was a Revo i told him "thats a Revo for ya" I put his body on backwards and told him to have at it.lol

I'm sure his revo would pwn your savage even in reverse. i seen your savage, its crappy. burnsauce

don't flood your savage on the first start, then go close to the motor and attempt to fire it up, fuel went in both my eyes. I panicked and ran into a wall

I'm sure his revo would pwn your savage even in reverse. i seen your savage, its crappy. burnsauce
Really? just how well do you know my P.O.S. Savage? It seems we have a Traxxas know-it-all.
Now, I will step aside and let the NOOB speak, We know they have all the answers.

Let's so far.... Forgot the glow plug igniter at home still on the charger, put new wheels on and didn't tighten a few on tight enough hit a jump and I'm seesawing on two wheels(front left and back right), left the battery for the roto starter at home, oh and had a St. Bernard pick my truck up and run off with it about 2 weeks ago while bashing and teasing him a little. That was a funny one. Same day my friend, new to RC's didn't glue his new tires to the wheels, turns the truck on and takes off wheels go 4 different directions and luckily he has a electric slash and only has to chase his new tires. And had to make a trip to my house to pick up my tire glue, the one time I don't have any in the tool box.

I don,t have a battery box any more, but when i did I forgot to fasten it down. The first jump i hit their went the battery out the side of the truck along with the receiver.

I don,t have a battery box any more, but when i did I forgot to fasten it down. The first jump i hit their went the battery out the side of the truck along with the receiver.

My apologies. This post proves me wrong.... You got skills!

Guess I'll go make some body post covers out of beer-bottle caps....awesome mod right there. : 10:

Watching Nascar and working on Savage at same time.... I had both the bottle of CA glue and the Diff oil sitting out on the table after having just rebuilt the diff.

Yep, I topped the whole diff off with the bottle of CA...

To add to my humiliation of the Diff incident... A year later I turn around and do the same thing to a Big Bore shock almost under the same circumstances.

All I can say is that Jessica Alba in little blue undies is very distracting...

Trying the "cheap" brake mod. "Where you cut the stock servo horn." long story short I cut the wrong end of the horn and made the brakes weaker! Needless to say I brun out the steel rotors all in the same bash session. I said screw and ran the dog #### out of her with no brakes. Went thru 3 more tanks of fuel. Still had a good day. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back