How do you glue tires?

Which way do you glue your tires?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zud00

It seems pretty self explanatory, but now that I think of it, I'm not so sure I did it right. How do you glue your tires on...what is the proper way?

1.) Mount tire on the wheel in the groove and then lift bead from tire and put glue in the groove on the wheel.

2.) Mount tire on the wheel but not in the groove. Put glue in the groove and then insert tire bead in the groove.

3.) Other.

I hope this makes sense. I did the first one and had problems. Then I thought of the second way and thought it might be better.

I did it the second way but next time its beadlocks:Xfingers:

i did it the first way!!!! i happened to still have a traxxas vid about tuning and tire gluing and thats the way they showed to do it so i did!!

oh yes.... thanks buddy for this thread as most will be gluing tires sooner or later!! some reps for your effort!!!

I use method #1, that's what some magazine said to do.

If I were to try#2, I could totally see myself making a huge, out-of-round mess. That's just me though! :crazy:

I use the first method as well. The first time I glued tires I used rubber bands around the middle of the tire to help with keeping beads in the grove as they cure.

Latest posts

Members online

Back