How do u lower ur savage?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcos619

Ive been trying to lower my savage if I'm correct u put some spacers in side of ur shocks? let me no guys thx.

What exactly are you looking to do? There are a couple ways to lower the Savage. Examples are spacers. and Low Center of Gravity TVP's.

I tried the fuel tubing trick and removing spacers, but it still did back flips and tipped over so then I removed a spring from one shock at each wheel and now it hauls butt like my truggy. No more back flips and no more tipping. Give it a shot only takes 2 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to lower it like that duratrax race it on my street then switch back....

Just remove one spring from each corner of the truck like stated above. That will be the easiest was to do it and be able to undo it when your done.

What I would do if you wanna stick with stock shocks is the following.

1. Take 4 shocks off so you have 4 total 1 on each corner.

2. Put fuel line on the shaft it doesn't lower it a lot but it still does lower it.

3. Softer springs.

4. No pre-load spacers

does anyone have a pic? it would be nice just to see before i try it.

lowering

do u have stock tires. if so, then get some 40 series tires since it will help on the wheelies...i have a pic of mine i will post or gimme your email...

I know i'm alittle late on this thread but here is my Savage x racer and my basher. Ok this is how I got mine to set low. I took the 8 stock went to my local Vocational school cnc shop and they cut from the 1/4 inch in the middle and then they tig welder and put it back. I will say this it made the truck handle like a champ. Its been over a year since I tried this and the shocks are still in great shape and are still in use today.

look good yeah u were to late but its worth the look i droped mine looks good to i have 4 shocks took off spacers put 40wt in them and imrunning great... thx guys ill show u guys some pics need to get my camera...

Latest posts

Members online

Back