How do I remove the clutch assembly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

Ok I start to remove the motor and get the cb off. I go to take the clutches and all oout and think ' what the hell have I gotten myself into!? ' Do they just slide off or is their some spring or screws that need to be removed? Also I saw SOME rust inside my cb housing. Thanks in advance.

I used a small screwdriver or a paperclip and got it under the spring or just wiggle the clutch shoe and the spring will either come off with the clutch shoe or stay on, work with it some they come off. On my s-25 the spring was inside of the clutch shoe so I just grabbed the clutch and pull it off and the spring came of with it.

Ok Thanks. They are going on an STS .28 when it comes in. Also fixing the brake issue.

Thanks for the help. I used a srewdrive and pulled the shous outwards and push u with the screwdriver and they came of. Now let's change the Subject to " How do I put clutch shoes on? " lol....

ok.. without making another thread., how does the flywheel come off?

Ok I got it off. I had to go to the neighbors and borrow a deep well socket. Now I am waiting on the motor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back