How do I fix pull start recoil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oobuck

Sorry if it has been covered before how do you fix the recoil on the starter I pulled the string a little to hard or to far and it pulled the knot out or is it just better to buy a new one or swap to a roto start and do any of you have one lying around either one

easy way is to wind the spool to put some recoil into it wind the empty pully a few times round in the correct direction, clamp it and hold it while you feed the string into the pulley and use a figure 8 aka Flemish knot to secure it, release the clamp and let the string wind around the pulley slowly , if you do it right all you should have to do is reinstall the unit and go.....

quick short strokes is easiest way to use a pull started..... or do what I do and use a rotostart unit and chuck that pull start in the parts bin....

http://www.animatedknots.com/fig8_/index.php

I usually do it similar to how this guy does it:

Except, when installing the coiled spring, I hold on to it with needle nose to keep it held tight until I get the hook in the case properly, then I hold it in with my thumb pressure and slowly release the pliers so it unwinds in the case in a more controlled fashion. My fingers are too big to just jam it in the case. Fails every time when I try that.

Latest posts

Members online

Back