hope it doesnt pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad67bird

hey guys check this out:

This was posted by a member of rccrawler though it would be fitting here as well.
Posted by Timmahh on rccrawler and diggerj at banned:
NEW BAN on 100cc and smaller ATV/OffRoad Craft. Please Read.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I will ask the Forum owners and Mods to allow this thread to go. I am posting this as I feel it is a Very important topic, that depending on outcome, may reflect on our hobby.

Recently, there has been a US Ban on all 100cc and smaller dirt bikes, atvs ect ect... it is a widely debated issue that will effect 100,000s of more jobs and markets here in the US.
Please take the time to follow this link. it will take you to the ARRA organization website. (Americans for Responsible Recreational Access).
the page you will be directed to contains a letter than you fill out your basic information. name, state, and then this will automatically send the letter, with your appropriate information, to your Local and State Representatives.

All I am asking by posting this here, is to allow the members here to make a statement against this bill, which if left intact as is, will certainly be knocking on our hobby door very soon.

take a look read the letter, if you don't agree, close the window, but if you do agree, please take the time to send this letter to your local representatives.
http://www.arra-access.com/campaign/consumer_product_safety

thanx
Da'Bird

Letter sent!!
I think that is totally bull, we rode dirt bikes as kids and lived to tell about it.
Anything that is fun someone somewhere will try to stop it.
Thanks for the post.

that is just stupid lead in the parts that have to be made out of lead . if your kid is licking or eating these parts you have bigger issues. some people just need to back off

Thats what I was thinking while reading it. Why would your kid be licking the battery post? Bet he/she wouldnt do it again.

man that steams me!! if more kids were out four wheeling or dirtbiking and enjoying the great outdoors they wouldnt be out getting into trouble lol i always had a dirt bike and still now own a atv and plan on having my daughter riding one "if she wants" no matter what they say!!!

Guys, this one is an unintended side-effect of a very necessary law. It's not anyone out to shut down an industry, or kill off youth motorsports, or anything like that. It's just an oversight that will be corrected when the industry goes through the process of getting an exception.
In the meantime, companies that have been importing toys for INFANTS, made with lead paint, or contaminated with lead in the materials, will have to pass incredibly strict testing. That means no more Chinese toys sending kids to hospitals for lead poisoning.
Write your Congressman, make them aware of the unintended consequences of the law. I'm sure most of them remember having or wanting that dirtbike when they were kids, or playing with RC cars, or even shooting BB guns.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back