HIRISK's Road Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching this thread for a bit now and its time to comment. Very nice work! Can't wait to see the body cut and mounted! Keep the pics comming... ~Justin~

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them.

Well, I have finished painting and trimming the body and have added some decals.

I am still not 100% sure if I am happy with the end result though. I think I may have got the colours wrong. I was wanted the flames to be a bit brighter and blend in more with the blue body.

Anyhow, here is how it looks now:

P1010343.jpg

P1010344.jpg

P1010345.jpg

Here is another body I did a while ago for my Mad Force RCX Edition, this is more along the lines of what I was trying to achieve by having the flames and body in a very similar colour so they blend in seamlessly.

P3100054.jpg

P3100055.jpg

P3100057.jpg

Body looks good - it's always a little bit hard to get a feel for the iridescent paint in a photo though, you need to see it out in the bright sunshine to get the full effect.

Pardon my ignorance, but when you say you soak the hardware in metho, was exactly is metho?

So far your build looks great, looking forward to see it all finished up. Keep the great pictures coming!

Body looks good - it's always a little bit hard to get a feel for the iridescent paint in a photo though, you need to see it out in the bright sunshine to get the full effect.

Pardon my ignorance, but when you say you soak the hardware in metho, was exactly is metho?

So far your build looks great, looking forward to see it all finished up. Keep the great pictures coming!

I'm geussing he is saying methonal....

Nice paint jobs......

Hi Guys,

Metho is short for Metholated Spirits.

I am not sure if it is called the same thing in the States, but in Oz that is what we call it. It is like pure alcohol.

I agree about getting photos in the sun too, it does make a difference. The photos of the Bronco above are all at night, inside, with a flash. Where as look at my RCX, it is outside in the sun.

Hi Guys,

Well I did some good wrenching today and have virtually finished the truck!!

The only things that I still need to do are:

* Get the dremel onto the body and smooth out some edges
* Install new Hitec 5645 steering servo (on its way)
* Install OFNA linkage kit for the throttle / brake (on its way)
* Buy and install a nice tuned pipe (maybe Buku)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey if you need a pipe i have a THS Racing pipe and header for sale. only two tanks ran thru it, no i mean no scratches on the pipe. $35 bucks it's yours

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Another small update.

My OFNA Linkage parts finally arrived, so I have been able to finish off the linkage set up. I also got some new bits for the radio box, so it now has the plastic cover where the battery monitor normally sits and the small rubber grommet for where the charge jack hole is.

Here are some photos of it all together and this time I have taken them in daylight, so hopefully will come up better.

P1010388.jpg

P1010387.jpg

P1010389.jpg

P1010390.jpg

P1010391.jpg

P1010394.jpg

P1010395.jpg

P1010396.jpg

P1010397.jpg

P1010398.jpg

Awesome job on your truck. From the pics of when you got your truck to now really shows the attention to the detail you have given it. Keep up the great work and let us now how the truck runs. :resp:

Thanks for the comments guys,

sunkenmetal - I have not even had a chance to start it yet, let alone run it (hanging to take it for a run!!) - so hopefully today I will fire it up.

Once I have given it a good run I will report back on how they go.

Latest posts

Members online

Back