HELP! Savage .30 sts Sputtering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boozer81

Was running great until for no apparent reason my savage started cutting out at half to full throttle. I think it has something to do with my servo due to the fact that when I hold onto the back of the truck and give full throttle I can see my servo arm jerking back an forth and not staying at full throttle. Also my truck is no longer 4 wheel drive but only front wheel. Are these issues connected? Please help I cannot explain another large expense to my wife. LOL Thanks :stickspank:

Your name is still pink .. because you need to active your account .. that being said ..

I would say your running lean .. my old sts was very touchy .. set back to factory settings and tune in 1/16 incerments .. Also make damn sure you don't have a air leake

Ive seen servos jerk like you are talking about. Mine do it at low voltage. Check your batts. But I have also had the travel set to far aswell and the strain on the servo being at lock has done it too. RFI could cause this too but lets not go there! The rear being out has nothing to do with it. But that can kill the front diff quick. Id recomend getting that fixed up B4 you do do drive train damage. As always good luck and try to have fun! :resp:

As for the loss of 4WD. Check to see if one of the grub screws has fallen out of one of the center cups. They like to fall out once in a while so its good to keep spares. Loctite them in well and you wont lose them nearly as often.

ive had my servos jerk like that!!!! i was worried until i replaced my crystals!
try that! it worked for me!(i had the EXACT same problem)

Members online

No members online now.
Back