Hellfire`s topspeed??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashard

Nitro Nutcase.
does anyone know how fast the hellfire runs?
HPI has the topspeed out of the box on it`s site but I can`t find the HF`s topspeed.
I got an HF SS kit incoming in aproxx 6 weeks and I want an indication about it`s topspeed.

you beat me to it Leeeeee! i was gonna say the same thing - no engine and no radio gear. Suposedly to keep the cost down and let you customise it more. Still more expensive that a 4.6ss which has the engine included though!!!

Corporate moneymaker but still a sh*t hot truggy though.

that`s what I actually meant, the topspeed of the HF RTR.
I forgot to say that I meant the RTR, sorry.
maybe someone has taken it to track or found another way to measure the topspeed.
I asked it to have an indication, not an exact measurement.
I apologize for asking it the wrong way but hey, I`m from holland so my translations aren`t always correct.

will it run at about 50 mph or maybe even 60?
maybe even more but probably not out of the box.
if anyone have an indication please let me know.
thanks!

I have one (hellfire)

It passes my savage X on a looong race around the ovals or parks. savage X is doing just over 55 km ph. the hellfire i have clocked consistantly at 62 - 63 km ph. both are using 20% nitro, both on os8 glo plugs. both stock running gear. hellfire ****z all over the X except in bashing and ease of maintenance. ( and accesibility to spares here in australia). The hellfire is barely run in , done maybe a gallon and constantly tuning to get more speed as it runs very cold.

To clock those speeds, I am using the new hotwheels toy radar gun. It doesnt have a calibration certificate or anything, so we tested it by driving a car past it at 60 , 80 and 20 kmph past it, keeping the car at a steady precise speed (the known factor) and then seeing if the toy radar gun was close to actual car speed. the toy was within 5% every time, and usually only 1 or 2 kmph out and that was probably the car not being spot on! impressive for its price too.. $30 au! it does however require the item being measured to pass within 12 meters, and reads 3 out 5 times proper, the other 2 times are nonsense readings.

Adaam

Top Speed of savage trucks

On the note of top speeds, What is the quickest Savage out of the box, I have a ss 4.6 and it seems to get along quite fast across the oval 45 something mile an hour claimed. I would like to get a radar gun and speed check it. What would a 3 speed gearbox do for top speed.

thanks adamskii, that`s what I wanted to know.
people here in holland were talking of the hellfire running over 100 km/h out of the box but few cars run at 100 out of the box.
in fact, few cars run 100 real km/h even when they`re made race-ready.
but thanks again, when I got my hellfire I`ll see how I make it run 100 ( or at least as close to 100 as possible ).
I want an sts .28 engine cause a lot of people say it`s a fabulous engine.
it has 3,6 hp instead of 2,95 like the K4.6 HO engine in the rtr.
I`ll do P&P and put on a larger clutchbell, that will do the trick.

Just to let you know, I have heard the hellfire has alot of issues. I was going to buy one until a guy I know told me not to. He sold his after 2 weeks. Said the front suspension breaks easy and the truck is real hard to dial in on a track.

I say go with what's tried and true, If you want a truggy, get the Jammin x1crt. They are winning races all over the place. Just my .02

I asked one of the members who has a hellfire if the suspension arms break easily and he said they`re very tough.
I thought they are a weak point because they`re so long and in combination with big wheels and high speeds I thought they might break easily.
now that you`ve confirmed this I think I`m gonna take a closer look to the construction before buying it.
the Jammin x1crt is made by ofna right?
ofna is not for sale in holland, I`ve been phoning around to several lhs`s around here cause I wanted the throttle linkage from ofna and most don`t even know ofna.
compared to you guys in the states we`re living in the rc stoneage here!
( and everything is twice as expensive, at least! )
if I want to take it to the racetrack I don't think it`s handy if I have to order parts from the states everytime I need something.
before I had the hellfire idea I wanted to get a baja 5b but it costs 1200 euro`s and it`s a readyset and I don`t like readysets.
it has a radio & servo`s included and pre-assembled but those are the first things that I take out cause I want fast digital servo`s so why pay for them?
I don`t want to run an expensive car like that with a 27 mc radio, that`s like begging for crashes and runaways where I drive.
but I do want the baja if the hellfire is a worthless option.
I don`t know if you`ve seen one in person but that thing is HUGE!
anyway thanks for the warning XJ!

I beleive the ofna name is only used in the states. In europe they go by "hobao" which is the mother company. I hope I spelled that right.

I tried to look if google could come up with some dutch links but all I got was a dutch rc-forum so they don`t even know hobao around here!
when I typed in `jammin x1 crt` all I got were links to several european forums and to the ofna site.
oh by the way, I already found out that these hyper buggy`s are ofna models indeed.
what the heck, I got vacation for 2 weeks now so I got plenty of time to find this out!
thanks for the help!!

hey XJ, how about this one:
www.hbeurope.com/kit.php?partNo=hb55005&lang=en
still haven`t found the jammin truggy but the hotbodies lightning stadium pro is widely available around here and so are the parts & hop-ups.

If I need something for this car my lhs can deliver it within 1 week.
when I take a car to the racetrack I like having parts available ASAP.

around here in holland there are a lot of people racing japanese brands like
tamiya, mugen, kyosho and other stuff but I`ve had it with japanese trash.
breaks way too easy and the parts are too expensive.

.......thats one real awesome looking stadium truck!!! and it looks like it survives a frontale hit against a wall or something.. and it sure does looking better than the hellfire..well the schassis than.. the body is just plain ugly
but thats my opinion ..but is it more xpencive?..

I don`t know the price yet, my lhs has only the buggy versions on the site but they`re official hotbodies dealer and they do about 500 euro`s for a readyset.
but then you have a readyset, not a competition ready car like the hellfire SS.
it looks very tough indeed, it has alu suspension arms out of the box.
I`d like to know how much these cost, if they cost 50 euro`s each I wonder if it`s a good idea to go racing with this one.
alu suspension arms for the savage cost almost 100 euro`s per set at my lhs.
and the body can be replaced by a el camino body for example.
at least it`s a kit without a useless radio and servo`s.
I estimate it at 500-600 euro`s for the kit but I`m gonna give the lhs a call about it tomorrow.
I want to know what hop-up parts I`m gonna need to make a serious chance at the racetrack also.
the hellfire has almost everything it needs included in the box but I doubt that this has it also.
I have to buy a new receiver, 2 new digital servo`s, an engine, new exhaust, several sets of wheels with different types & compounds of tyres and some spare parts cause I don`t want to finish a raceday everytime I break something.
I also have to make new receiver batts.
after all I think I just mentioned about 1500 euro`s with the entire wishlist.
I also bought a savage 4 months ago and I have things for it on my wishlist as well.

haha well .. it sounds lik you have to make zome serious choises.. i should go for the wishlist of the savage.. and about the alu arms.. your getting screwed in the *ss with what you pay for them look!!
3RHSA017A PURPLE ALLOY LOWER SUSPENSION ARM LEFT, SAVAGE (1) € 29.95... i know its just one arm but its still cheaper then €100,-

just look at http://www.pkracing.nl

they are about 100 per set, both the lower and upper arms.
I asked it a while ago but I asked for a complete set.

I know there are cheaper lhs`s but I don`t find them within a 30 mins range of my home.
and I have to admit there are not many cheaper lhs`s.
they give excellent service and advice and they`re honest, they wont sell you a 100 euro part if a 50 euro part will do the trick.
I spent over 2000 euro`s there in 4,5 months so now they give me discounts when I spent a lot of money there.
I bought my sav, 2 mini-inferno`s, a second hand mini-z monster and a new radioset over there.
not to mention the fuel and spare & hop-up parts.
price is one thing but service is another.
most spare parts can be de delivered within a week, even within 3-4 days often so I don`t mind paying 1 or 2 euro`s more.

Savage SS Racing 4.6

Anyone here interested in a Nice Savage SS 4.6, I have a nice one here with less than 1/2 gallon through it. If your interested, shoot me your email address and I will send you pic's.
I have the Truckzilla Sport Package, it has pull start, temp gauge, Nova RC Cooling Head, HPI Filter Saver, 2 sets of tires-off and on road tires and wheels both sets, has the rechargable hump pack battery in truck, I have also put an extended F350 Ford Body on it, the body only has decals on it, so it can still be painted! It has a factory Wheelie Bar, and this thing will do wheelies from one side of a parking lot to the other, and shift into 2nd and still be on the back tires.

I would sale this Truck For No Less Than $600.00 U.S. Money!

Thanks Guys!:bike:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back