HD Bones or CV's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScooterB

I'd like some opinions on which is the better upgrade. HD dogbones or CV joints? Seems every time I take my trucks out anymore I'm either blowing a diff carrier bearing or breaking a dogbone. Time for upgrades.

I have to agree with The Pope on the XL bones. CVD's from everything I have heard never last on a savage. I wish there were a set out there to handle the bashing.

I have to agree with The Pope on the XL bones. CVD's from everything I have heard never last on a savage. I wish there were a set out there to handle the bashing.

I would say if you are breaking dogbones go with XL/Flux bones

+1 with Alex & Jason on this. ive snapped the standard & heavy-duty bonz with my nitro mill, upgrade to SHD & have run a couple gallons, no issues.
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10625

Thanks everyone for your replies. I had been told to look at FLM bones in the past but I cant connect to their site anymore. Does anyone have any info on those. They were much larger but fit the stock x cups.
Quite a bit less money than an xl bone conversion.
Has anyone used these? How do they hold up?

Does anyone have info on the SHD bones from the trans to the diffs? I cant find anything on them on HPI's site. Only for XL which wont work on an X.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back