Half Tank Lean | Tank mod question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imran

Hello,

I'm aware of the half tank lean that plagues savages and the best solution would be a mid-tank mod. But the issue lies with many of the parts required for mid tank mod are not available anymore except the chassis and stuff and setting it up right now is a tad bit expensive. The Ofna 250CC tank is out of production and was pretty much the best option out there due to it's capacity. Which beings me to the question of what tanks can I use instead that has a big capacity?

I also don't mind mounting a fuel tank on top of the radio box or tranny if someone know's of a fuel tank that can fit well in those section of the Savage x 4.6.

Any suggestions and ideas are welcomed.

Start your tuning with a half tank, doing this will avoid getting a lean condition which may damage your engine.....

I just attach some fuel line to the port on the tank lid and blow until the tank in partially full. This mod is from like 2006?
I believe the tank was designed for a plane. I just spent an hour looking at my old posts from SC and could not fine whan and how I did this. I do remember liking the longer run times

Alrighty, thank you. :D

Also, if you could send me some more pics of your installation that'd be appreciated

Latest posts

Members online

Back