Grub screw issues!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badhabit75

Got a ? about grub screws. First i am still real new to this addiction, so this may already have been addressed. I have lost both grub screws in the rear. I have double checked and i am using the correct screw, as well as the blue locktite on them as well.

My ?'s are:

1: Would it hurt anything to add a round or two of electrical tape to make sure they can't fall out if they get loose?

2: If #1 is ok, then i also considered getting some heat shrink tube and trying that as well.

Thanks for any input, my lhs does not carry much and it is almost 65 miles away, just kills me need a 2 cent part and not be able to bash, i think my low budget ideas might save me a lil headache from that.

Also i might add this does not mean that i wont do a regular check in them to make sure they are tight, as i did the previous 2 that i lost.

I will let ya know, but i now know why i lost it, other than it was loose, i started to roll it across the floor and heard crunching sound, i chewed the front pinion gear up, major vibration shook all the loose screws out, locktiting the whole truck(blue) where-ever it is metal on screw. I will post some pics when i start to put it back together.

Latest posts

Members online

Back