Grinding sound coming from truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryugaiden05

I recently was running my Savage and every time I put on the brakes I would hear a grinding noise coming from the truck. Also, when I am applying the brake the front end is almost completely bottoming out and touching the ground. Just 2 days before this run, the truck ran perfectly fine and did not show any of these signs. Any suggestions on areas I need to look at to fix the problem?
:catfan:

The front coming down with brakes on is simple physics in conjunction with soft springs, I assume. :) Maybe your truck brakes harder now than before? That may also explain the grinding noise - did you change anything on the brake linkage?

I did recenter the linkage on the servo, but I have ran it previously without any problem. I am running the HPI suspension kit with only 2 shocks on the front, so that could be part of it. I have some Big Bores coming in the mail hopefully today, so I will have to see if that gets it fixed.

Did you fill the shocks with heavier oil? If not this is probably why the front end dips down. Do you know where, or in a general area, where the grinding noise is coming? this willhelpo in narrowing it down instead of sending you on a wild goose chase.

x2 on allan. is the noise coming from front, back middle?

I really can not tell where it is coming from. I was thinking the front, since it was where it is dipping down. I am running 40wt oil in the front shocks.

What type of brakes are you running? The fiber or stainless steel ones? I no when I was running the stainless steel ones they would make a grinding sound..

I am running the fiberglass brakes. I had someone say that it could be one of the bearings in the front end gone bad. So I am gonig to tear it down tonight and see what is in there.

i had this problem with my 25. it was the hex hub slipping just e-nuff to cause the grinding noise. made the inside 12 points instead of 6

I think I found my problem. One of the bearings on the diff was completely blown out. Both seals were gone out of it. So I replaced the bearing and cleaned out the housing just in case there were any ball bearings in there. Plus I just got my big bores put on, so once I get a chance to run it again I will see if the noise is still there.

i told you what it was when i drove the truck.....you are gonna start believing me!!! when have i EVER been wrong about a savage? i told ya... I am the SAVAGE GOD!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back