grease or diff fluid in the diff housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F4phantom

Can someone tell me if the diffs on my HPI Savage X should be grease or diff fluid in the diff housing? And if fluid what weight? Thanks

I think that with the oil, you should every time buy gasket and o-rings, changing them every time you open the differential case, due to avoid leakages. Anyway i tried 30000 cst oil on the cases without never changing the o-rings and they never leaked. With lower viscosity, the chance of leakage is higher, so check for gaskets.

I run 50K in my flux and ran in my X, but just as basher. Helps when your in mud/sand/snow and get high centered, then it pushes more power to the tire with the most traction vs unloading it all to the tire with the least traction. Likely horrible for racing as most run heavier in the front/lighter in the rear I think to help with steering.

I got a bunch of diff oils to test out. 30k, 50k, 80k, 100k. Tried them all. 100k is a bit hectic, better for a center diff I reckon.

As mentioned before, its a personal preference thing. I've just put 50k in mine. Great balance between the 30k and 80k.

Latest posts

Members online

Back